Where's William?

On any normal morning, I'd wake up to soft kisses on my cheeks and nose. Or I'd rouse first and wake Will with soft kisses on his cheeks and nose.

On any normal morning, we'd sit in bed, wrapped in each other's arms and talk about our plans for the day. Each day was more and more exciting as I learned more and more about the factory.

On any normal morning, we'd shower and dress, brush teeth and hair, in that particular rhythm we've worked out. Someone has the toothpaste, someone has the soap, then switch. Someone has the hair brush, someone has the wash rag, then switch.

On any normal morning, I'd make breakfast for everyone while Will went to check in with my family and his father, or Will would make breakfast for everyone while I went to check in with my family and Wilbur.

Then we'd get on with our day, or rather, I'd watch Will and Charlie come up with new ideas for candies and we'd supervise activities in the factory and talk with Oompa Loompas. The more boring days consisted of tracking sales and success in different countries, but I'd be there at his side through it all.

And then in the afternoon, we'd all eat dinner together before Will and I went to our room and I watched him tinker for an hour. He'd work with deft hands while I'd sit and admire his brilliant mind at work. He'd catch me staring and ask what I was looking st and I'd simply respond "You."

Then we'd get ready for bed with that same harmonious routine and cuddle for a while, just basking in our oneness. I really don't know how we'd get on without one another. I lean on Will and Will leans on me, and we just work. Everyday is an exciting, comfortable journey with my love by my side.

But today is not like any other day and this morning is not like any other morning. Will is gone.

"Have you guys seen Will?" I ask, blatant panic making my voice tremble. I've barely managed to belt a light pink silk robe over Will's black t-shirt and my pyjama shorts when I burst into the commons room.

Wilbur, Charlie, Grandpa Joe, Grandma Josephine, and Grandma Georgina are sitting at the dining room table. Mum is helping Grandpa George shuffle to the table from the hall slowly. They all look up at me with curious eyes. Wilbur stands up hesitantly, confused, but picking up on my urgency.

"Have you guys seen Will?" I repeat, louder this time, my voice edging on shrill.

Wilbur rounds the table. "What do you mean 'Have you guys seen Will?'"

I take a few gasping breaths. "I mean, he wasn't in our room this morning! He's always in our room, but he's gone! I need him, and I don't know where..." I trail off, remembering our conversation last night. "Oh..."

I turn on my heel and bolt into the hallway that leads to the room Will and I share. Wilbur runs after me, shouting, "What do you know? Where did he go? Are you sure he's even gone? He might just be doing some early morning work. My son is a busy man, he might just be somewhere in the factory."

I screech to a stop in the doorway of our room and wheel around. "No. He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't just go to work without waking me up. And I know exactly where he's gone."

Wilbur follows me into the room as I grab a laguna yellow skirt and a cream coloured top. I duck behind the changing screen that Will and I so hardly use and change as quickly as possible before reappearing and throwing on a moss green blazer from my half of the closet. Will had a collection of various blazers, skirts, pants, tops, and waistcoats made up for me, and they're in the closet right alongside Will's clothes. My jackets and pants are somewhat comically shorter than Will's, but that's really the only difference in our sides of the closet besides the occasional skirt in mine.