In Sickness and In Health

Max stretched his arms, well rested after a good night's sleep.
Feeling lonely suddenly, he looked over at the single bed across the night table.
Seeing a tousled head peeking through the top of the blankets, Max smiled sleepily.
Why didn't he sleep with me, Max thought, none the less happy that Tul was back.
Max came back to the hotel much earlier than Tul last night, after stopping by at the drug store to buy some shampoo for his PPi.
Tul stayed behind to film at least five more scenes after Max left.

I wonder what time he got in, Max thought, flipping the blankets off his long frame to get out of bed

It was 5 am, and the vans were scheduled to pick the cast and crew up at 5.30.
At least those who were involved in the early morning filming.
PPi should sleep in though, Max talked to himself. He wouldn't have any shoot this morning.
But needing to feel his PPi  close before he took his shower, Max went over to Tul, carefully lifting the covers away to slide into his bed.

Their room had twin beds, but they would normally just share either one for the night.
But would mess up both beds to avoid any gossips from the cleaning crew.
Or even the cast.
Not that Max would mind people knowing, and the hotel crew had to sign NDAs prior to them moving to in, anyways.

But Tul insisted it that way.
Even if they knew the cast and crew suspected something, Tul stressed that they should not divulge anything more than necessary.

But we're now on our own, so wth, Max thought.
His PPi was lying fetus style on the bed, facing away from him.
Sliding in silently, Max slowly lowered his body behind Tul.
"PPi, why didn't you sleep with me last night, huh..?" Max whispered feeling a stir from Tul, "what time did you get in?"
Getting no answer, Max smiled and snaked his arm around Tul, and burrowed his nose on Tul's neck.
"PPi..!" Max suddenly froze, "you're burning!"

Max quickly sat up and pulled Tul slowly to lie on his back.
Switching the night lamp on, Max saw a slight beading of sweat lining Tul's temple.
His phi moaning slightly.
"PPi.. PPi," Max called out urgently.
Shaking Tul to wake up.
But Tul remained immobile and suddenly started to shake.
Reaching out for the phone, Max quickly called the reception for an ambulance, before calling JinLin to alert her.
Moving from experience, Max lifted his PPi up and carried him to the bathroom.
Stripping Tul down before cooling him off with a quick shower.
Til the quiver subsided.
By the time JinLin and the paramedics came, Tul was already dressed and readied for the hospital by his efficient Nong.

***

Tul woke up with a start.
"Sorry, Mr Pakorn," a sweet elderly nurse whispered, "I'm just changing your drip. Won't take long."
"That's ok, take your time."
"You feeling better?"
"A little."
"Just exhaustion and nothing that rest and water can't fix," the nurse smiled.
"Thank you."
"You should tell your partner that too."
"Partner?"
"Beside you," the nurse nodded towards Tul's other side.
And lo and behold, Tul found Max sleeping sitting down with his head on the bed.
His hand lightly clasped on Tul's.
"Oh?"
"He came in when you just started sleeping."
They were both still whispering.
"I see. What time is it now?"
"11:10."
"He should go home."
"He requested a day bed."
"What?"
The nurse nodded again, this time at the folded day bed near the window.
Max's knapsack perched on it.
"Oh," Tul said again stupidly.
The nurse smiled knowingly and said, "shall I drape a blanket over him?"
"That'll be nice, thank you."