Chapter 1

Percy hummed silently as he smoothened the lines on his drawing. He loved drawing.

He usually secluded himself from everyone,sitting at the back of the fields alone. Just him and the silent air.

It was easy for him to be alone. People were Waay easily bored by him. The few friends he used to have left him long ago. Whenever he told stories,the receiving end would start nodding inconspicuously and soon enough would fall asleep.

Percy had already gotten used to it. People knew he was a weirdo,or a freak. Sometimes when he was writing in class,his pencil would crumble to dust and the teacher would not listen to his truthful explanation.

Besides,everyone was too busy following his brother like moths to a light bulb.

His star brother,Lucas Castellan,or as everyone knew him by,Luke.

If you didn't look close enough,you would never believe the nine year old boys  were twins. For one thing,everything about Percy was a shade darker than his brother's.

Starting with the hair. Luke had sandy blonde hair while Percy's hair was darker than tar,Luke's eyes were bright blue,Percy's were dark blue,almost green,his skin was a shade darker than Luke's and his personality was basically overshadowed by Luke's.

No one in his family had his features.His mom had bright blonde hair,his dad had Luke's hair.

Basically,he was an outcast everywhere,home ,playground and school.

Not that it mattered to him. He had by far gotten used to it. Before he even started going to school,his father had always seen him as the mistake that never should have happened.

Luke was the apple if his eye. On the rare occasions that he would drop by,he would always spend the entire day with Luke,asking his younger twin about what was up and brought him a whole load of gifts from his many travels.

He never asked Percy anything, never brought Percy any gift or burger or new hoodie.

It was like Percy didn't even exist in his father's eyes.

But,as you know,he had already gotten used to it. It no longer hurt him that no one,save for his mom who most of the time was crazy,wanted his presence close to them.

Instead of grumbling about his loneliness,he chose to embrace it and he has known nothing but peace ever since. He worked better when he was alone.

"Percy"

The boy looked up from the Trident he was drawing to meet with the brown eyes of his teacher.

"Yes miss Miller?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked " school ended half an hour ago. Your brother was picked up by your neighbor,I thought you had already gone home?"

He hurriedly stood up,putting his drawing book in his bag and dusting himself" I must have lost track of time Miss Miller" he said " it won't happen again"

"I sure hope so Percy" she said looking at him concerned" now run along"

He nodded at her and turned to the direction of his home. With his hands in his pockets and his hood pulled up,he skillfully ignored  the snickering looks thrown his way by kids from his school.

Whispers of ' weirdo' and ' freak' were thrown around. He ignored those too.

After a couple of minutes,he opened the door to his apartment and walked inside. The house was quiet. Probably Luke was at their neighbour's  house,talking and laughing with them like he was part of their family.