Chapter 17

First, Thank you so much for 2k reads!!! I love you guys! Hope you enjoy my soon to be done chapters!

Milly POV

Ah yes. Today was the day of picking the two candidates for school council president. I saw Drew put up some posters as well. There were 3 possible people. I was rooting for Daisy and Lia. Sorry Drew. Maybe he could be a good vice-president. Probably. 

Anyway, Daisy and I arrived to Alabama High early. We had to get ready. Daisy was shaking a little bit. Her body was very jittery today. I did my best to calm her down. Lia even came earlier and gave her a bottle of water. She was nervous. Lia and I were rubbing her back with concern.

"Calm down Daisy. Everything will go great!" Lia said.

"She's right. C'mon Daisy. One more time to practice your speech, then you'll do amazing! It's just one persuasive speech. Just be comfortable."

The girl in a blue skirt took a few deep breaths. Then she put on a determined face. "Okay. I can do this."

"Yea!" I exclaimed as both, me and Lia pumped out fists in the air.

I saw Grace coming around the corner, probably collecting Lia. She smiled and waved to us. She signaled Lia to follow her. The black-haired girl nodded and followed.

My head went back to when I talked to Grace for the first time. She was a short, but average brunette haired girl with freckles. A pretty common look. Unlike my vibrant looks. 

She invited me to her house, and I accepted. It was a pretty boring house. Everything was there but it didn't really seem like a home.

"Anyway, welcome to my house." 

"It looks....nice."

"No it doesn't," she scoffed. "Don't feel the need to joke." Her face went into a mix of cringe and laughing.

"Sorry about earlier."
"It's fine. I think you should just hear my side of the story."

I shrugged. "Okay."

We sat down in the middle of her bedroom. She inhaled. "Okay. Let's start.

I shrugged again. 

"Okay, yes when I first met Lia, it was for popularity. I assumed that Lia was like Karen from Mean Girls. Pretty dumb and oblivious. Especially since everyone knows Zoey is pretty manipulative with people. I didn't want to fall for that. But Lia was smarter than I thought. She was also more of an introvert than a popular extrovert. Lia also was a pretty cool friend to have. Polite. Honest. Loyal. Helpful. I understood why I found her with you guys. So now I'm her genuine friend."

I nodded. "But what about all those girls crowding her?"

"After a couple of days, they found out I was hanging out with Lia. They used me to sit near her. They call be their 'friend' but I barely know them."

"Oh. Okay. I'm sorry for being a bit rude and mean to you."

It was her turn to shrug. "It's okay."