Chapter 18

Lia POV

With the strongest smile I could try to put on, I said, "Hey guys, I gotta go. See you tomorrow?" I stood up holding my raspberry milkshake.

They nodded. "Yup! See you tomorrow!" Milly answered. 

Grace and Daisy gave a wave. I waved back then walked far enough to make a distance where they couldn't see me anymore. I then picked someone from my contact list. As the phone made ringing noises and such, I put it to my ear waiting patiently. I got a response pretty quickly.

"Hey Jack!" 

"Hey Lia! I was wondering where you wanted to hangout."

"Me too. That's why I called. Heh...." I told him.

"Oh...um...do you want to eat somewhere?" I heard him ask through the small speaker. 

"Actually, I'm already drinking a yummy milkshake. It fills me up pretty fast. How about arcade? Or movies?"

"Let's do something shorter. Arcade was not a bad idea," he responded. "I bet I could win," he joked. I swear I could see his smirk without actually seeing him.

"Try me." A smirk crawled onto my face this time.

"Hm...getting competitive here, huh?"

"Your pride will be the death of you."

"Arcade it is."

"Oh, it's on."

I then hung up. I realized that I was strolling while having that short, but fun chat. I think my eyebrows were probably in a V shape. Interesting how people can change moods that quickly because of a small joke. 

I checked where I was near. I was near a coffee cafe, which meant just walking a few more feet would lead me to The Alabama Arcade (For A+ Students). It partnered up with our school last year which was really cool. It used to be 'The A+ Arcade' but now it's this because of our school name.

After a few more minutes, I arrived at the arcade. Hopefully this gaming competition versus Jackson would lighten up my mood. Hopefully.

I went in and saw a goofy grinned boy with black hair. Ahah. The boy I was going to compete against. 

I took a strong sip from my milkshake straw. "You're on."

"Let's go," he said with intimidating eyes.

I put on a big smirk.

There was a bit of an awkward silence after that for a minute.

"Um...what game will we do first?" he asked.

I softly giggled at our mistake. 

"How about that old pinball machine?" I suggested pointing to the pretty rusty looking pinball machine.

"Sure!" 

We rushed to the machine. Jackson and I were pretty slow even though we 'rushed' to the aged machine.

"Did you finish your homework though...?" he asked before we started.

"Yea. All candidates don't have homework as a fun break for all our time, dedication, and work," I explained.

"Ah. I finished," he plainly said.

We then stared into each others' eyes with our best pupils of pride. This competition was on for sure. 

Milly POV

After Lia left, Grace, Daisy, and I conversed a bit more.

I drank from my slightly delicious blueberry milkshake. I wouldn't really recommend mixing blueberries and milk together. But that's just my preference.