Qualifying session at Richmond Speedway

After choosing teams, all pups were sitting in their cars in garages ready to drive on track and set the fastest lap. In pits of Roush Fenway Racing team Skye was talking with Greg.

Greg: Now listen carefully. If you want to set the fastest lap and grab the pole position, you need to stay close behind other car. It will give you a slipstream, easier, more speed and a little more grip at corners.

Skye: Understood! Now let's show them!

Greg (chuckles): Let's go girl!

Skye drove from the garage. Logan Parker, who was Kevin Harvick's teammate saw this.

Logan: One driver is already out!

Kevin: Got it mate (turns to Everest). OK, you know what to do!

Everest: Stay close behind to other car.

Kevin: That's right. Now go go go!

At the same moment Chase Eliot instructed Marshall to drive out from the garage behind Everest, Denny Hamlin said to Tracker to drive behind Marshall, Tony Stewart called Rubble to drive close behind to Tracker and Jimmy Johnson told Rocky to drive behind Rubble. Only Chase and Zuma stayed in their garages.

Zuma: Everybody went out on the track. Why we are staying out?

Kyle: Patience my friend. If we want more grip, track surface needs to have more temperature.

Chase: Matt. Are you checking this?

Matt: Don't worry. I'll say to Valeria, when she can let you go on the track. At the moment, track is quite busy.

Chase: OK.

While they were talking, other pups showed their times. Leaderboard:
1. Marshall;
2. Skye;
3. Rubble;
4. Everest;
5. Rocky;
6. Tracker;
7. Chase;
8. Zuma;
Chase.E: Niice job, Marsh! Now into the pits. We have one more attempt to go!

Marshall: Got it.

Skye: Ahhhh! So close!

Greg: Nice try, nice try. We will have next one!

Rubble: I'll try to drive faster, OK?

Tony: Only one lap!

Rubble: Understood!

Matt: OK, track is clear!

Valeria: Let's go!

Leo: Go, go!

Chase and Zuma: Roger!

They drove onto oval and got close to Rubble.

Matt: OK. Here's the plan: first attempt, Zuma behind Rubble, next time - you behind Rubble!

Chase: Got it!

Zuma also got the message from Kyle and stayed behind Rubble, Chase came right behind Zuma.

Tony: Chase and Zuma are using your car as a slipsream. Try to get in their slipstream after they will show their lap times.

Rubble: But we have only one lap to improve, remember?

Tony: Oh yes sorry. Quite shame.

Rubble: If you want, I can drive a few more laps.

Tony: If you have confidence, do it!

At this moment they crossed the line. Leaderboard:
1. Chase;
2. Rubble;
3. Zuma;
4. Marshall;
5. Skye;
6. Everest;
7. Rocky;
8. Tracker.
Matt: Yes!

Kyle: Now Chase will help you.

Zuma slowed down to let Chase get right behind Rubble. When he did it, Zuma got behind Chase and trio had another lap. Leaderboard:
1. Chase;
2. Zuma;
3. Rubble;
4. Marshall;
5. Skye;
6. Everest;
7. Rocky;
8. Tracker.

Kyle: Boom! Nice lap mate!

Zuma: Thanks Kyle! Thanks Chase!

Matt: Now into the pits, both of you.

Rubble: I tried!

Tony: That was a nice improve. You are P3 at the moment.

Chase, Zuma and Rubble drove into the pit lane to their garages. Meanwhile Skye was quite upset about her time.

Skye: Not good enough. P5.

Vlad: Don't worry. We have one more time to go on track to show our speed so stay calm.

All eight pups stayed in their garages until 2 minutes left to the end of qualifying.

Jimmy: OK. We have 2 minutes left, so go now!

Rocky: Got it.

Kevin: Let's go behind Rubble. He will help you.

Everest: OK!

Tony: Drive right behind Rocky. Everest will use your slipstream to improve her time.

Rubble: Sure! No problem!

Greg: We will drive out, when Chase will gonna do it.

Skye: Ok.

Chase.E: Go, go now!

Marshall: Roger.

Denny: Stay close to Marshall!

Tracker: Got it.

Kyle: Let's go!

Zuma: OK!

Matt: If we want to stay on pole we need to drive now. Don't forget to help Zuma!

Chase: Understood!

Vlad: Aaaand go!

Skye: Let's go!

All pups drove on track until the checkered flag was waved. Final results:
1. Skye;
2. Chase;
3. Zuma;
4. Rubble;
5. Marshall;
6. Tracker;
7. Everest;
8. Rocky.
Greg (excited): Yes baby! That's pole position!

Skye: Yahooo! Nice job!

Vlad: Well done to yourself! That was an amazing lap!

Matt: Skye beat us. You are P2.

Chase: Heh, it's still a front row!

Matt: You're right. Nice job. And Zuma's P3!

Zuma: P3?

Kyle: Confirmed P3!

Zuma: Niiiice!

Tony: Good job Rubble. That's P4!

Rubble: Wow. I didn't expect that.

Chase.E: We are P5, P5.

Marshall: Maan, it was quite hard to find an optimal path in corners, when everybody squeeze you!

Chase.E: Yeah, understood.

Denny: P6, P6 Tracker.

Tracker: Well, for the first time it's quite OK.

Kevin: We are P7, P7.

Everest: I had no grip on left tyres. Rubble tried to help me, but I got too close to him.

Kevin: It's OK.

Jimmy: P8, P8.

Rocky: Really? Man it was soo bad.

Jimmy: Yeah I know mate.

They drove to their garages congratulated the top 3 and went to sleep. The race day was incoming!

PHEEEEEWWW!! That's the end of the chapter. I'll keep updating this book until Tuesday. So don't wait any updates on "A pup without rest" book. Hope you will like it. See you soon and stay safe )))))