1 Face The Day Head-On!

I just left Principal Nezu's office to go to class with Aizawa. I could feel my legs shaking with every step. I just had a discussion with Principal Nezu, Aizawa, and All Might about the quirk I was hit with yesterday evening. They asked if I should stay home, but I was reluctant to miss school for a week just to let the quirk's effects fade.

I was ready to face the day head-on! So what I may have a slight problem. As long as I knew what could happen, there was nothing getting in my way! There's-.

"Midoriya, you've been standing in front of the door for a minute now," Aizawa said interrupting my thoughts.

I nearly jumped and squealed at the sudden voice. "Um, okay."

Aizawa said, "Let's go. Do you think you'll remember the last person you saw when you come in?"

"Maybe," I said. "I'm not sure what will happen."

"Well," he said. "Let's get this out the way." He opened the door for me and let me walk in first.

When I walked in, everyone seemed to stop talking and stare.

I felt my face get warm. I covered my face and squealed.

"Hey, Deku!" I heard Uraraka's cute voice greet. "How are you doing?"

"um... uh!" I stuttered. "I-I'm fine."

Aizawa said, "Alright, Midoriya, you should go ahead and see if the quirk will affect you here."

"The quirk?" Iida questioned. "What's wrong?"

Aizawa answered, "Yesterday evening, he was hit with a quirk that makes him have opposite feelings towards the last person he saw. The stronger his feelings, the stronger the effect."

"So who was the last person he saw?" Uraraka asked.

"That's the thing," I finally piped up. "I can't remember." I finally pulled my hands from my face and finally got a good look at my class. "Hmmm..." I examined the class as a whole. "Nothing feels different."

"Well, that's good," Aizawa said.

I went ahead and went to my seat. Before sitting down, I looked at Kacchan. My heart thumped in my chest a little harder than normal. "Hm, that's weird."

Kacchan mumbled, "What are you looking at, nerd."

I couldn't help but smile at his nice gruff voice. I really wanted to tell him something, but why wait? "Kacchan," I giggled a bit. "I love you."

"What?" I heard Mineta said behind me.

Kacchan sat up slightly alarmed. Oh, it must've been because it was a bit sudden. "You said what, nerd?"

Oh, he must've didn't hear me. I repeated, "I love you."

Suddenly, I heard Aizawa say, "Oh... oh no."

I turned to him and asked, "Is something wrong?"

Kirishima and Kaminari busted out laughing.

Okay, I was a bit lost. I looked around me and saw how everyone had some form of shock on their faces. I had no idea what was wrong.

"I just have one question." Aizawa asked, "Will you be able to focus on schoolwork?"

I answered, "Yes, of course. Everything seems to be normal."

"Eh, good enough," he replied. "Alright, everyone. Let's get this class started."