4 Don't Say Anything

He didn't say anything.

He didn't say anything as I followed him as we got our lunch. He didn't say anything as we left the lunchroom to go to the class to eat. He didn't say anything, yet no one else was in there with us.

He didn't say anything as I set my utensils to the side and reached out to his hair again.

I giggled, "You have such spikey hair." I combed my hands through his hair some more.

He turned to face me. He still had his normal stern look on his face, but he looked almost... sad.

I asked, "Is something wrong?"

He didn't say anything. Instead he looked away.

I leaned in closer to him and said, "It seems like something is bothering you. Is there something I can do?"

He shook his head no. "You don't know what you're doing."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Kacchan just sighed. He nodded his head down, so it was easier for me to comb my fingers through his hair.

He asked, "So what was it like to be home after so long?"

I answered, "It was a bit lonely since I couldn't be in the dorms where you were."

He didn't reply. It seemed like he was processing something.

We just stayed in silence.

Being alone just to be with him seemed to be enough for me.

Bakugou asked, "How long will the quirk affect you?"

I answered, "Until Sunday evening. Why are you asking that?"

He clenched his teeth, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY AM I ASKING? IT SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW!"

"But-."

"Shut it!" He interrupted me. Then he muttered something under his breath that I couldn't understand.

I didn't know what was making him so moody. I just continued messing with his hair. Then I leaned forward and place my forehead against his.

He didn't say anything. He did tense up, but relaxed as his face turned a light shade of pink. He looked to the side.

"Look at me," I said. "Please."

He exhaled and looked at me.

Now I understood why he wouldn't look at me. He looked so vulnerable when he did. Yes, his resting anger face was still there, but there was something else in it.

"Why don't we start dating?" I asked.

Kacchan exhaled and pulled back away from me.

My hands couldn't stay in his hair, so I put them on my lap.

He simply said, "No."

"Why not?" I pleaded. "I love you, Kacchan."

"No, you don't," Kacchan said. He wasn't yelling at me like I would expect. He was calm as ever.

"But I do love you," I convinced. "With all my heart. I want to be with you so much that I could die. I- I-."

He placed a hand on my hand that was on my lap. "No." He was beginning to look sad.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. I wasn't sure what I did, I didn't like him looking like that.

We just stayed in silence for a couple of minutes until Kacchan broke it by asking, "Are you going back home, or are you staying in dorms again?"

I answered, "Oh, that... um, they said I could depending on you. They might ask you today."

"That makes sense," he answered.

How? I didn't ask out loud, so I just kept quiet.

The rest of lunch was us in silence until the rest of the students came back. During class, Kacchan was asked to the principal's office for a while. Then when he came back, he came back with All Might and Principal Nezu.

I brightened up at the sight of Kacchan.

All Might asked to speak to me outside the classroom. Right outside the door, they talked to me about that I can stay in the dorms this week if I want to.

Guess what I said.

It's no question that I said yes.