Epilogue: Life Continues On

SURPRISE!!! You know what's fun? More bleekness! And sadness! This takes place after the original ending.

It was Monday. I was a bit nervous to come into class, yet I was relieved. I still couldn't believe that I was all over Kacchan last week, but I was happy to have freedom over my feelings this time. I wanted to pretend that, that week didn't happen.

When I arrived to the classroom, I felt eyes of the ones who arrived earlier fall on me. Among those eyes were Kacchan.

I wasn't sure if anyone was able to tell, but I could see a faint redness around Kacchan's eyes. It was like he was crying earlier.

"Hey, Deku!" Uraraka greeted, taking my attention away from him. "How are you doing this morning?"

"I'm fine. Actually, I'm much better," I answered. "Todoroki and I stayed up to finish my homework yesterday, so it's quite a relief."

"That's good!" She asked hesitantly, "So are... you back to normal?"

I nodded, "Yep. I am. The quirk's effects faded yesterday, thankfully."

She exhaled, "What a relief."

Iida came over to talk to us, but as he did, I tried my best to avoid looking at at Kacchan. When I did glance over at him, he was at he desk with Kirishima and Kaminari. They were talking with him as Kacchan kept his normal angry face.

"Midoriya," Iida called getting my attention. "Are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm fine," I reassured. "Everything is back to normal."

"But I do have a question," Uraraka asked bashfully. "Since you were basically in love with Bakugou last week, does that mean you hate-?"

"Um," I said interrupting her. "How about we talk about something else?" I put my arms up to cover my face. "Like the weather! It's a nice sunny day out today!"

"...Right," she said hesitantly. She was concerned, but I didn't want to address the elephant in the room. It was obvious that they knew, but it wasn't their problem to worry about.

Since class was about to start, I went to my seat right behind Kacchan. I tried to avoid looking at him, but it was a hard task when he was right in my line of sight. My mind couldn't help but wander about our week together.

I made moves on him, and I felt guilty for putting him in that position. I didn't want to seem harsh trying to reject him, but I was not sure what to do. I did not desire to reciprocate his feelings in the slightest. I didn't hate him, but I didn't like him either. I just feel...

Pity.

But I also didn't want to be near him. Either way, I had no choice in the matter since this was my assigned seat.

After a while, I was able to focus in class. Soon, it was lunchtime. I was able to keep Kacchan out of my head for the time being. Well, that was until I ran into him in the kitchen for a light snack later in the day.

"Um..." I said when I turned towards him. He was in my way to leave the kitchen. I expected him to yell at me to get out of the way.

But he didn't. He silently stepped to the side to get in.

I was hesitant before taking a step pass him. Just as I walked pass, I heard him inhale as if he was about to say something. I turned to face him.

He wasn't looking at me. He was looking down still in place. He said, "Just forget what happened last week. Okay?"

I could only feel a pang of guilt from what he said.

"STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" He yelled at me abruptly.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," he growled. "You are looking down on me! Stop that look of pity!"

"But I'm sor-."

"Don't apologize, nerd!" He interrupted me. His voice got calmer and quieter as he said, "It's not like you had any control. I should've had better control. It's just as much as that person's quirk fault as it is mine."

"But it's not!" I reasoned. "You had your own feelings in your way and I was pushing it."

He growled, "Didn't I tell you not to look down on me?"

I flinched, but I quickly got my composure back. He had to know that this wasn't all his fault, and that I was not looking down on him. Yes, I felt pity for him, but I felt like mentioning that would set him off. "I'm not, Kacchan. You are stronger than anyone I know. I just feel bad that I kept pushing you, when there was going to be nothing for you in the end. It's unfair."

Kacchan sighed, "Life isn't fair, Deku. You ought to know that."

I had no idea what to think about that last statement. Was he talking about an unrequited love, or was he talking about something deeper like with quirks? I had no unrequited love, so I could only assume the latter.

"Hey, Bakugou! What's taking so-?" I turned to see Kirishima a couple of meters back. "Oh, um..."

Kacchan said, "I'll be back soon. Go away."

"But-."

"I SAID GO AWAY SPIKEY HAIRED LOSER!"

Kirishima chuckled nervously, "Okay, I'll be waiting." That chuckle did not hide the worry that was clear in his eyes, but he did walk away.

Kacchan grabbed a bag of chips from the counter and basically whispered, "Stop feeling guilty about what happened. It's no big deal. I'll get over it." He walked pass me out of the kitchen.

"W-wait," I called.

He didn't turn back. He waved his hand and went off in the direction of our dorm rooms.

I guess that was our talk. I wondered how long until his feelings for me will fade. Will it ever go away in the first place? I can't help but still feel a twinge of guilt, but he didn't bring it up again.