Chapter - 6

Fourteen years later......

The Wang Kingdom was prepared for a huge celebration. The people were surprised since it was the first official celebration arranged by their King and Queen after the horrible incident happened during their crown prince's 5th birthday celebration, fourteen years back. But now when the palace official prepared the whole capital city to bring in the actual festive mood, no one needs to tell the common people why they are suddenly preparing for the celebration, because even an imbecile person can predict that their crown prince is going to return to their country. But what was actual surprise is that the royal couple has decided to crown the price as the next king as soon as his return.

The day has finally arrived and Prince Wang Yibo returned to the palace along with his personal guards. King Wang Ying and Queen Wang Xiu eagerly expected their happy, lively little A-Bo at the palace gate but what they got is handsome, well build, young man with a freezing aura.

Even though Wang Yibo greeted his parents with so much respect and answered politely all their questions, Queen Wang Xiu clearly understood that her son was completely a new person. Both King and Queen can see that Wang Yibo has completely frozen from inside out and he is not even showing a bit of emotion in his face. He is a more ice statue than a human. There is no warmth in his eyes or his heart. Both his parents felt guilty about their son's current status.

After spending a brief amount of time with his parents, Crown prince excused himself to his chamber.

Once the royal couple reached their chamber, queen Wang Xiu was the first one to voice out their worry, "A-Ying, what have we done to our son?"

King Wang Ying - "What do you mean?"

Queen Wang Xiu - "Can't you see the changes in our son?"

King Wang Ying - "It is because he has grown up a lot. He is no more a kid, he is a young man and he was away from us for so long and rose in a strict environment. He just returned to us, he will take little time to adjust to the new environment".

Queen Wang Xiu - "He may take time to adjust to the new environment but not to show some emotion towards his own parents. Don't you feel how formal he is with us?"

King Wang Ying can clearly understand what his wife is trying to convey and he himself has felt his son's change clearly and he is also worried about him. But he doesn't want his wife to feel guilty or sad; hence he decided to convince her instead of accepting her words. "You are thinking too much A-Xiu. He just returned. Everything will be back to normal after some time. Just give him some time. Now all we have to worry is, our son's crowning ceremony."

Queen Wang Xiu, half heartedly accepted her husband's words and decided to concentrate n her son's crowning ceremony which is going to happen in few days.

Exactly after five days, Wang Yibo was crowned as the new king of Wang's Kingdom.

Wang Yibo was excellent in taking care of his responsibilities as 'a son' as well as 'the king'. He took care of every single need and addressed every single issue of the people who were dependent on him and his ruling. But it was all so strategic. He never showed slightest emotion in any of these and he hardly speaks to anyone apart from when it is needed. Within a short period of time Wang Yibo gained everyone's attention and became a talk of the kingdoms and everyone started to address him as a ice king behind his back.

His parents started to worry more and more about him. Particularly his mother Wang Xiu felt completely devastated to see her son so cold. She couldn't do anything about it. Hence she decided to talk to her husband once again.