☾seven☾

•day 1/5•

Poppy was visibly shaking as she stood outside of George's apartment with a suitcase and a small backpack. It was 8 pm and her heartbeat was quickly escalating. She wasn't sure how to approach the situation.

She finally mustered the balls to knock. She rocked on her feet as footsteps approached the door. The lock bolt clicked and the doorknob twisted.

Time seemed to slow as the door swung open to reveal George standing in the doorway. "Hi," George smiled. Poppy's mouth slightly gaped as small tears formed in her eyes. George looked panicked. "Can I help you?" He asked, a worried tone in his voice.

Poppy's plan to trick him was washed away as she screamed, "Georgie!" She wrapped her arms around him and he stiffened. She quickly let go, looking at him with tears overflowing her hopeful eyes.

She could see when all the gears clicked togetherness his mind as he whispered, "Poppy?" She nodded and he let out a yelp of excitement.

He hugged her tightly before releasing her to examine her face. "God, you're beautiful," he said with a happy tone. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you!" Poppy laughed, wiping away her tears as she suddenly remembered what was happening. "I don't mean to intrude, but could I stay here? I don't have to, I can certainly get a hotel or I could-"

George gently cupped her face and she stopped talking. "You can stay here," he chuckled. "Come in, come in."

Night approached at the two had never been happier. They had spent hours just talking and holding one another. They began to get ready for bed when the girl popped the question. "So, do you have a guest room or something?" She asked gently, doing her skincare routine.

"Oh, uh," George stuttered. "Well no... There's always the couch I guess."

"That works!" She exclaimed, terminating the subject before it could get weird. They continued to get ready for bed without another word escaping themselves.

"Goodnight, Poppy," George smiled. Poppy clutched her pillow as she walked back to his living room.

"Goodnight Georgie," She responded.

She lied in the bed, jittery at the thought of her actually being there. Sitting up, she hugged her knees. Her mind was going crazy with different thoughts but none of them really told her she wanted to sleep.

She stood up, quietly pacing to George's room. His door was closed but completely shut. She felt like a creep as she stood outside of his bedroom, deciding on if she should walk in or just go back.

She gently pushed the door open and walked inside. It was exactly like she had seen on all his streams. She crawled into his bed and George stirred, waking up in a panic before realizing it was her. "Are you okay?" He asked with a quiet voice. Poppy nodded.

"I just can't sleep. I don't know if it's jet lag or just jitters."

"Would you like to stay in here?"

"...Yes."

Poppy shifted under his covers and placed a quick kiss on his lips. He returned the favor and the two giggled. George gently grabbed her by the waist, pulling her body against his. She calmed at this movement, letting him wrap himself around her.