★fifteen★

•IRL•

"Georgie," Poppy sang, gently rubbing his shoulder.
He let out a hum, eyes still closed. "Wake up~"

She continued to gently shake him until his eyes peeped open. He slowly sat up and yawned. He rubbed the insides of his eyelids before fully waking
up. "Good morning," He groggily mumbled. Poppy let out a small chuckle.

She was holding a tray which carried a plate with eggs, bacon, hash, and orange juice. "Good morning, Sleepyhead," Poppy smiled, placing the tray on his lap. "It's already eleven."

"Woah, what's all this for?" He asked looking at her. She ruffled his hair and sat on the bed. He gave a confused look and Poppy's face dropped. Suddenly, he smiled brightly and gently pushed her. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Happy anniversary, Poppy."

Poppy exhaled and raised a joking hand to hit him. "Be thankful that you have orange juice right there or I would've killed you on the spot," She grumbled before smiling. "You're an idiot, George. Happy anniversary."

Poppy got up and left the room, stopping at the doorway to blow him a kiss with her middle finger. He laughed and began his breakfast.

Poppy gently grabbed George's hand as she ran down the streets of London. Her eyes were dilated as she looked at the world around her. "Not to be rude, but fuck Brighton," Poppy laughed.

"Ouch," George dramatized, jokingly yanking at her arm. "C'mon, London isn't that great, is it?"

"Nope. It is that great," She grinned, sticking out her tongue. With a bit of a devilish look, she gripped onto his hand tighter and began running. She dragged him through the crowds of the city with a smile on her face.

"McDonalds?" George laughed. "That's pretty classy for an anniversary."

"Better than nothing. I looked in advance, all the fancy places are fully reserved tonight," Poppy mumbled, scrolling through her phone. "We don't need fancy stuff."

"True," George smiled, opening the door for her. The all too familiar greasy smell filled their nostrils. "What do you want?"

"No, what do you want?" The girl frowned. "I can pay this time."

George crossed his arms. "It's McDonalds. I'll pay for it," He grumbled back.

"Listen, I don't wanna fight over something so stupid. You've paid for everything so far today, just let me do this one thing," She said, trying her best to wipe the upset look on her face. Poppy could see gears clicking in his head. "Please?"

With a sigh, he nodded and walked with her up to the counter. "You can order first," He smiled.

The two walked in the middle of the road. They were eating small portions of gelato, laughing loudly. It wasn't like they were annoying anyone. The street was deserted. "Most embarrassing moment?" George asked, taking another small bite. They were playing the questions game.

"Jesus Christ," She began. "This one time when I was about eleven or twelve, I decided to wear a pantsuit instead of a dress to church. I was up in front of everyone and I dropped something... can't even remember what it was. Anyways, I bent over to pick it up. I kid you not, I ripped my pants and farted at the same time."

George let out a loud laugh and Poppy laughed along with him. "Oh my God, that's horrible!" He loudly chuckled.

"I never went back to church after that," Poppy exclaimed with embarrassment. "On God, after that I told my mother that I was an atheist and I just never went back!"

"That's hysterical," He coughed, calming down. The two continued to walk, eating their gelato. "It's your turn to ask a question," He said with a full mouth.

"Ooh," She smiled. She took a few more bites. "What's your favorite book?"

George's eyes lit up and he looked at the girl. "Not to sound like a complete nerd but-"

"You're a minecraft youtuber. It doesn't get much nerdier than that," She cut him off. He lightly chuckled she extended her hand, as to tell
him he could continue.

"Harry Potter," He smiled. Poppy raised her eyebrows, silently asking really? He nodded. "I'm a die hard Ravenclaw."

"I never would have guessed that about you," She shrugged. "I never got super into the fandom but I read the books. I'm a Ravenclaw too."

He smiled. "Cool." They threw away their now empty gelato cups and continued down the street.

George and Poppy sat down together, looking over the city. It was a comfortable silence. They didn't speak for nearly ten minutes, they just sat.

Finally, Poppy broke the silence. "Thank you for a wonderful first anniversary," She quietly mumbled.

"Thank you as well," He smiled. "It was fun."

They got quiet again. The soft winder ruffled through the air, cracking through the trees. "Hey George?" Poppy airily laughed.

"Yeah?" He responded quickly.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."