❧ 𝟢𝟫. 𝒲𝒽𝑜

She waited

She waited. She felt guilty, but she continued to wait as she promised to help her husband out with the mission. She was worried, she had no choice. Her wives had disappeared without a trace and they had stopped writing letters to them. She clutched the stack of letters in her hands, getting worried.

"Please... Be safe..." she softly whispered to herself.

"Chiaki-sama? Would you like to use the hot spring at the back? I see you are rather tensed up," the lady who was living with her husband in the Wisteria House spoke out and she nodded her head, proceeding to head towards the back to relax instead.

Maybe it was just her overthinking, but how could she not? When her loved ones were nowhere to be found, no source of contact as well. Day and night she could only start to worry about the worst things that could happen to them as she clutched her hands together.

With Tengen sometimes by her side and sometimes not. Most of the time she was alone while she was on a mission, but she could only continue to pray.

To pray for their safety.

"Let us go!" Aoi yelled out as Tengen had carried her over his shoulder then and looked at Naho with an irritated look on his face.

"My God, just shut up," he muttered out.

"Please stop it!"

"Let them go!"

And Kanao could only watch as she was unsure of what she was supposed to do then, only to have her eyes widened slightly as Aoi reached out for her.

"Ka-Kanao! Kanao! Kanao-sama!" and Kanao started to move and grabbed hold of Aoi by the hand and Naho by the back of her uniform.

"Kanao..."

"Don't just pull on me so plainly. You have your orders," Tengen muttered out and soon got irritated as Kanao remained silent.

"JUST SAY SOMETHING! YOU PLAIN BORING PERSON!" he yelled out and he soon watched as the younger girls latched themselves onto his body.

"CHARGEEEEE!"

"HEY! DAMN IT, YOU! CUT THE DAMN CRAP OUT!" he yelled out.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE GIRLS?! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THEM!" Tanjiro yelled out and soon looked confused then.

"IT'S KIDNAPPING! SAVE THEM!"

"YOU DUMB LITTLE BRAT!" Tengen yelled out and noticed how Tanjiro was running towards him, pulling his head back and was ready to headbutt him only to hit nothing but thin air.

"You okay?!" he asked.

"You fool," and Tanjiro looked up only to have his dark red eyes widened as he looked at Tengen who had ended up on the roof with Aoi and Naho still in his hold.