❧ 𝟣𝟪. 𝒲𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒟𝓊𝓉𝓎

He got further away as [name]'s cries got louder

He got further away as [name]'s cries got louder. She was being held back tightly by the lower-ranked demon slayers as they heeded her husband's words. She wanted to go, she needed to go. She had to go.

"No, let go of me. Please. I must go!" [name] cried out as she watched Tengen, getting further away from her reach. Her lips parted as tears started to roll down her face as she tried to calm down.

"There's still one hour and a half left! An hour and a half until sunrise!" the crow announced and Tanjiro quickly got up, panicking that Muzan had escaped. Only to have the ruins being scattered about by Kibutsuji Muzan himself as he emerged from the ruins.

"Do you intend to keep me here until sunrises?! Try it if you can!" Kibutsuji Muzan got even more enraged and started to extend more of his demon whips and arms as well, fighting against the Hashiras that were present amongst the battle against him.

"Eh?! Eh?! We hit him but we didn't cut him?!" Kanroji yelled out.

"No! We did cut him, I'm sure of that! But this monster... He regenerates the moment we cut him!" Giyuu yelled back out as he tried to avoid the fast oncoming attacking coming from Kibutsujii Muzan.

"We can't even cut his neck. His regeneration is way too fast to slice him! It is dangerous! We are too close to him!" Obanai panicked and his eyes widened when he was about to get a fatal blow.

Only to be protected by lower-ranked demon slayers.

"Go! Keep advancing! Become human shields for the Hashiras! Remain alert to give Muzan some brawl at the very last! Don't be afraid of fighting! The Hashiras have saved our lives countless times! If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be alive!"

"NO! STOP, ALL OF YOU!" Mitsuri cried out and Kibutsuji Muzan's eyes widened as a faint flow of flames went right past his eyes. His red plump eyes widened as his demon whips and arms were sliced off with ease, rendering him unable to injure the lower-ranked demon slayers, only a few. And he attacked whoever it was, causing the person to crash into the ruins.

Right next to Tanjiro.

"Those who die quickly are fortunate. Even if they don't die right away, those who attack me are done for. Look that way," and the Hashiras turned to look and their eyes widened when they saw Tanjiro gasping for air.

Tanjiro's brain was exposed.

"He has soaked in too much of my blood during the attack. The amount of my blood is too much. It won't turn him into a demon. Like fatal poison, it will destroy his cells and he will perish," Muzan spoke out calmly.

"Kamado Tanjiro is already dead,"

"Sorry for being late..." Himejima's voice was heard and Kibutsuji Muzan's eyes widened when he felt a nichirin blade going right through in the middle of his head. He then noticed vials of liquids being thrown at him and he used his demon whips to smash them, rendering himself being covered in gasoline.