❧ 𝟣𝟧. 𝒮𝒶𝒸𝓇𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒𝓈

He had always noticed the way she acted

He had always noticed the way she acted. The moment he laid his eyes upon her the first time, he was overwhelmed by the sounds she was making. Her sounds were nothing but in a chaotic state. All he could hear was somewhat statics.

Nothing was concrete about her sounds, a clear sign she was confused with her own heart. The second time he laid his eyes upon her, it was when he had come to visit her and her older brother. In regards to the marriage that [name] would be in, merging the clans.

And what he heard, somehow, it was hazy in a way. It was as if something was blocking him off from hearing the sounds coming from her.

Uzui Tengen had always noticed how [name] acts around everybody. From the first time he met her, all her sounds were in a mess. To now, all he heard from her was nothing but just a simple soft note, if he were to describe it.

But often, there wouldn't be a sound from her. That got him curious, he has never encountered anyone like this before. But he realized, the moment she got married to him, he understood wholeheartedly, why she was like this.

But she chose to continue to smile, to put up a strong front as she continued to train. Sometimes training by herself while the others were asleep. There were nights he knew all too well she would be crying herself to sleep, but she would manage to escape.

Hiding till she composes herself and returns to the room with a confused look on her face that was soon replaced with a smile on it.

He noticed it all too well, yet when he asked her about it, all she did was to turn and walk away with that smile on her face. Her sound, getting blocked off once more.

He wasn't sure how to react on their first night together as husband and wife. She would lay far away from him as Makio, Hinatsuru and Suma laid closer to him. Although he could see the sad look in her eyes.

But she sacrificed in a way. And it was as if a light bulb lit up on the top of his head as he understood fully now, why [name] had always placed herself at a distance.

The overwhelming guilt she had, the lack of freedom in letting herself decide what she wanted to do because of the way of a shinobi was being brought up. It all soon made sense as he looked at her laying by herself despite being called out by Hinatsuru.

It all made sense, and Tengen knew there was a role for him to play when Inei had told him to help take care of her in his stead. A smile appeared on his lips then, as he tried to take his mind off [name] as he listened to Suma's cries and Makio's harsh words.

"It has been years, huh?" Tengen mumbled out as he sat up on his futon. He turned to look, [name] sleeping a good futon away from him as always since Suma often slept on the other side of him.

He frowned a little, remembering the previous night where there was a huge ruckus on who was supposed to be sleeping next to him. Sometimes he could only wonder, why would Suma want to argue.