Part 11

"What happened?" You asked

The walls started to close in as your stomach turned, knowing that if your brother was involved in the situation, it was going to be horrific. Jake was well known for having a temper and being associated with shady people. Paul wrapped his arm around you, the sound of his shaky breathing pulled your attention back to his face.

"There was a break-in at your mom's house last night. The information my team gathered was a few guys showed up looking for Jake for a repayment and to smack him around a bit over his encounter with a girlfriend. Well, he conveniently wasn't home, but your mom was. They wrecked the house and put your mother in the hospital." Paul said.

"Where's Jake? Who called and told your team all of this?" You asked.

Shaking from the anger and sadness, the whole situation was raining down on the two of you. The family drama was nothing that you would be able to escape. It was even more evident now that you had been away from home for a month. Your brother's actions had landed your mom in the hospital, and you were three thousand miles away.

"Michael is the one that called. I have no idea how he got the number to my management team. Still, it's honestly a little unnerving. He said the police are looking for your brother but haven't been able to find any leads" He told you.

You pulled away from Paul's grip, pacing back and forth across the floor, trying to process everything that he had told you with in the last five minutes. Anxiety flooded you, as the familiar tightness in your chest formed.

"What the fuck did I do? If I had kept my promise, this would have never happened!" You sobbed.

Paul walked over to you, putting his hands on both of your shoulders, stopping you from pacing across the floor. You glanced up, seeing the mix of concern and hurt displayed across his handsome face, pain that you continued to put there.

"Y/N, Stop for a second, and breathe!" Paul said sternly.

You sank to the floor, placing your head in your hands, loudly sobbing and rocked back and forth. He sighed and took the spot next to you. Paul pulled your head to his chest, humming a soft and smoothing tune as he stroked your hair. Finally, finding the anxiety clearing for the moment, you pulled away from his embrace.

"I'm sorry" You said with a weak smile.

Paul kissed your head and pulled you back to him. Your mind takes you back to the first time he held you like this after the blow-up that had taken place between your brother and you the night before the pair of you headed to California. Peace was found in his muscular arms.

"Y/N, Honey, I promise you to have nothing to apologize for, not to those people in Oklahoma or me. This was Jake's fault, not yours! Even if you had been with your mom, there is no guarantee that this horrific thing wouldn't have happened. You shouldn't blame yourself." Paul told you.

"Did you get any other information, like my mom's condition?" You asked

"They are trying to get the hospital contact information for us to get the full details on your mom and to find out about Jake. I figured you would want the details straight from the source and not Mike." Paul told you.

"Yeah, I rather not talk to Michael if at all possible, I'm sorry I ruined the perfect evening with my family drama." You sadly replied back.

Paul got up and grabbed your hand, pulling you into a firm hug. The two of you staying in a tight embrace for the longest time. You had become fond of a gesture to know with this man, you would be as safe as he could keep you. He cleared his throat and pulled away, looking at you intensely before he spoke up again.

"Y/N, I don't think anything is ruined. Just a crazy moment that happened. We could still do those pictures if you want later. I think right now, though, we both need to go catch some more sleep. Okay?" He asked

You nodded your head in agreement for the first time in the chaos, realizing how much your anxiety had worn you out. Though continuing where you had left off sounded much better to take your mind off what had happened. Paul reached for your hand and pulled you back to the house.

Paul grabbed the phone of the base in the kitchen as soon as he walked into the house.

"You go upstairs and lay down. I'm going to call my manager to see if they have any more information. for us." Paul said, pointing to the stairs.

"Are you going to be joining me? You asked, a small smile tugging at your lips.

Paul walked over and captured your mouth, slipping his tongue in for a brief moment earning a small moan from you before pulling away and lightly nipping your lip. Cocking his head to the side with a big smile across his face.

"Does that answer your question?" He asked rhetorically.

You shook your head and ran up the stairs doing as he had previously directed. Paul watched you the whole way until he heard the door shut.

Paul quickly punched a number on the speed dial of the kitchen phone. After three rings, a young woman picked up.

"Hey, Stephine, this is Paul Stanley. Listen, I need to come to talk to you as soon as possible. It's urgent, okay, I'll see you tomorrow at 10:30."