Nightmares

I wake in a cold sweat shivering with warm tears running down my face, a soft sob escapes my lips with more to follow. my boyfriend Adrian wakes and notices my crying next to him.

"are you ok love?" he sits up and wraps his arms around me trying to calm me.

"i- i-" i am not able to let out and word and curl into Adrian trying to calm myself enough to explain. he starts drawing shapes on my back succeeding in calming me down little by little. i am sobbing into his chest as he draws small shapes all over my back comforting me. it takes me a while but i eventually calm down and just sit taking deep breaths.

"are you feeling better love?" he slows his pace of drawing shapes and moves to look at me.

"yeah i-i think so." i take another deep breath and sit up looking at him once more and brush his bangs off his face.

"do you want to talk about it?" he gives a small smile and rubs my arm.

"yeah.." i look down remembering what happened in the hell hole of a dream i had just escaped.

(in the dream)

i run down a blood red hallway listening to the splash of my feet hitting the floor and the laugh of whoever is following me. the only thing of my prosecutor that can be seen are their bright green eyes, as they chase me they make no sounds, my only indication that they are still following me is their minicanal laughter that seems to get closer by the second.

"please stop!" i continue to run feet and pants getting coated in the viscus substance covering the floors. it slowly rises getting deeper as i run farther into the endless hallway. The blood is to my shins now and it is making it harder for me to continue. i see a large wooden door about 20 feet from me and i begin to make my way over the blood rises faster and has now reached my chest and i am basically swimming now. swinging my arms i trudge through the pools making my way closer and closer to the door. it creaks open as i am about five feet from the door it leaks a bright white light blinding me momentarily. the laughter gets closer and closer and i foolishly turn around. i am face to face with my lover he has his scythe raised ready to strike and swings. i wake up.

(back in real world)

Adrian wraps his arms around me once more comforting me again and reassuring me.

"love i would rather die than hurt you. i hope you know that." he pulls my head into his chest and places soft kisses onto my scalp.

"i know. thank you." i wrap my arms around his waist and pull myself deeper into the hug.

"for what?" i lets go and pulls me up to look at him.

"thank you for always being there for me when i need you." i lean forward and place a soft loving kiss onto his lips. he softly kisses back pressing his slightly chapped lips to my soft ones for a few seconds before pulling back.

"i will always be there for you love. now lets get some sleep." he pulls me back into bed tucking us both in with the soft comforters and curling up with me. we slowly drift into a dreamless sleep enjoying each others company.