Perfect princess

(Just in case anyone is confused: yes I am fully aware that aurora was pregnant but I didn't really know how to involve her baby in the story so I left it out.)

Aurora woke up in a cold sweat. She'd had yet another nightmare. Only now she was not awoken with a kiss, but with a groan. "Darling could you not be so loud. Some people need their beauty sleep. You included" her Prince Phillip was very "charming" indeed. Especially in the morning. "Sorry Phillip," she replied softly. She tossed and turned for a while before finally accepting defeat and climbing out of her royally expensive bed. She had everything; money, beautiful dresses, a handsome prince- but why wasn't she satisfied. The princess waltzed into the forest, skipping with pure delight as the birds flew freely around her and the creatures on the ground danced around almost in perfect synchronisation. She looked up to the sky. The sun was glistening, beaming back at her beautiful smile. Her long locks bounced gently behind her as she continued to skip further into the forest. There was only one thing that aurora could think of that was missing. Mulan. But she didn't know why. It's not like they were even that close to begin with.  But she soon forgot about her questions as she stumbled upon a raspberry bush. The brightest looking, to match her mood. Everything seemed perfect in her small mind but there was a part of her that was hiding the fact that she wasn't happy. The birds helped her carry her berries back to her castle to cook some breakfast but when she got there, her darling Prince Phillip was not even there. He must be out hunting again, she thought glumly. She didn't like it when he hunted as those animals were her friends. Aurora made a start on the breakfast, the birds doing everything they could to make the precious princess happy. Once it was done, it came out looking like a picture. Perfect. As her prince was not there, she and her bird friends ate most of it themselves leaving him only a slice. He ended up coming home shortly and shooed the birds away who were sitting comfortably on top of the counter while aurora was cleaning. This isn't the life I was meant to live, thought aurora again desperately wanting to be having adventures, fighting battles, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She'd missed that too. But now she was just a naive little maid. Aurora was starting to accept the fact that she could never be fully happy if she continued to live like that but what could she possibly do about it? She decided that the least she could do was go and help others. Helping others always brought joy to her spirits. She searched across the kingdom but no help was needed in her perfect little kingdom. Everyone was living perfect lives in perfect homes with perfect families and perfect happiness. The word perfect was starting to make her feel sick. She didn't go home that night. She couldnt bare to face her too perfect of a life that she seemed to have. But if her life was so perfect, then why couldn't she smile and laugh like she used to do when her life wasn't so perfect. She lay underneath the stars. The stars weren't perfect. They all seemed jumbled as if it were trying to tell her a message but couldn't reach her. But she found that she couldn't even reach herself. The stars were so messy and yet she knew how they felt. She wasn't herself, the stars took her back to the times in which she was not perfect, but happy and back then, that was all that mattered. She let the cold breeze calm her emotions and rock her to sleep like a cradle. Morning came by and her nightmares were at no end so she took it as a sign. A sign that she needs to change. She wandered home to find Phillip drunk, lying on the bed, a mess. "Phillip!" She shouted at him. He woke slowly, his eyes were red and squinting. "Didn't I tell you not to make so much noise?!" He said angrily. "Didn't you once tell me that you loved me!" She said, slowly becoming more unstable. Phillip was silent. His face made up of guilt and confusion. "I have been living a boring life for god knows how long now and you can't even tell me you love me anymore! I see where this is going. I'm not going to go through this! I'm sorry but I have to find my own path in stead of letting others choose it for me. We're over!" Aurora started sobbing as she saw Phillips expression change. He no longer looked confused or hurt. Him in his drunken state looked both furious and terrifying. Aurora sprinted to the door and burst through it both happily and feeling petrified. Her animal friends led her to a small abandoned hut. It was good enough. It was cold and dark as there was no electricity. Just one candle to dimly light up the room. She shivered and her teeth were chattering, but she wasn't miserable. How perfect!