ESQUELETO

liv checked herself in the reflection of her phone one more time before knocking on the door of the diaz's. she was really nervous to meet miguel's family. she wants to make a great impression. an older ecuadorian woman opened the door engulfing liv in a big hug.

"you must be olivia!" his grandmother said in a thick accent.

luckily liv was half puerto rican, and her mom taught her spanish.

"hola! es un placer conocerte!" (hello! it's nice to meet you!) she said hugging back.

"tu hables español?" (you speak spanish?)

"si, señora" (yes, ma'am) liv said with a smile.

"miguelito eligió buena. eres tan hermosa!" (miguel chose good. you are so beautiful!)

"muchas gracias, pero miguel y yo solo somos amigos." (thank you very much, but miguel and i are just friends) liv said with a sad tone.

"digas lo que digas, pero miguel esta en su cuarto" (whatever you say, but miguel is in his room)

"gracias" (thank you)

as liv walked farther down the hall she heard the sound of rock music getting louder.  she followed where it was coming from and knocked on the door.  she heard the music shut off and an out of breath miguel opened the door.

"liv! you made it"  he said excitedly while bringing the girl in for a hug.

"of course.  so, what were you just doing?" she said into his chest, as she was only up to his shoulder in height.

"practicing my punches.  wanna do it with me?" 

"i'm good. i'll just lay down and play on my phone" 

miguel turned the music back on and started throwing more punches.

after a while they heard a knock on the door.

"miguel, ven a poner la mesa para la cena"  (miguel, set the table for dinner)  all miguel's grandma heard was fast pants and miguel's loud rock music.

"we'll be right there. almost finished" miguel said out of breath. 

"ellos estan teniendo sexo" (they are ha ring sex) miguels yaya said disappointedly walking away.

———————————————————————

yaya, miguel and olivia were all eating dinner. liv sat with miguel on her right and his yaya on her left. after a couple minutes of eating they heard the door open.

"hey, guys, mm, it smells good in here" carmen walked in giving miguel a kiss on his forehead.

"you must be miguels girlfriend" carmen said which caused both teens to choke on their food.

"no, no, no. ms diaz, we're just friends"

"you would never think that.  considering how much he goes on and on about you, and please, call me carmen" the kind mother said taking the last seat at the table.

"he talks about me?"  liv said with her cheeks as red as tomatoes.

"all the time. about how smart, gorgeous, funny-"

"okay, mom. she gets it" miguel cut his mom off with his cheeks as red as olivias.

"did you guys decide what you're going as for the halloween dance?"