MERCY, PART TWO

liv went home that night thinking over what miguel said.  does he deserve a second chance?  he told her he loved her.  you could tell by the hurt on his face that he really meant it.  she wants to trust him again.  he was drunk when he hurt sam, but he was sober when he broke livs promise.  she didn't know what to do.

———————————————————————

miguel was sitting at his own table at the diner after the tournament. he was scrolling through pictures and videos of olivia. his eyes began to water and a tear fell down his cheek. he quickly wiped it off when he heard hawk and aisha walk over.

"el serpiente, there you are"  hawk said giving him a pat on the shoulder.  "dude, were you just crying?"

"this is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?"  aisha asked sitting at his left.

"i lost her"

"chill, bro.  she said she'll think about it.  all i'm saying is don't give up"

"it's no use.  i blew any shot i had with her"

"just give liv some time.  she'll come around.  want me to talk to her for you?"

"yes, please"

"or she won't come around.  you're the champ now.  you can get any chick in the valley you want.  you're like drake.  enjoy it"

"i'm not sure i wanna be drake"

"don't worry, you're not"

———————————————————————

as liv was making breakfast for her siblings a text came up on her phone.

aisha

Are you coming to training today ?

i think u know the answer to that

Just talk to him

i'd rather not :)

You can't avoid him forever and I know you can't stay away from karate

———————————————————————

liv didn't want to admit it, but aisha was right. liv wasn't going to quit what she loves for a boy.

———————————————————————

liv entered the dojo late. all eyes turned to her. miguel and livs eyes connected. each felt their heartbeat fasten. liv disconnected their eyes. took a bow and stepped onto the mat, still with everyone watching.

"i'm glad to have you back, ms davis"

"i'm glad to be here" she said as they gave each other a light smile.

———————————————————————

the cobras were going to hawks house to watch the movie over the top. it was only olivia and miguel left, and liv was packing up her backpack when miguel walked up to her.

"hey, liv. um, can we talk?"

"yeah, miguel. let me go change real quick" liv walked into the locker room.

miguel wanted anxiously, trying to figure out what he was going to say. miguel didn't realize liv was already in front of him, waving her hand across his face.

"earth to miguel?"

"sorry. i . . . um, have you made up your mind?"

"i forgive you, but i don't know.  do you still have feelings for sam?"

miguel thought it over for a second. did he? sam was great, but she was no where near liv.

"i don't. it's you. it's always been you. since i saw you skate away from me on your skateboard, the first day we met.  when you wiped the pepto out of my hair.  when you met my family for the first time.  seeing how you care for every person you come in contact with.  i could go on, but the point is . . . it's you.  it always has been, and it always will be"  by the end of miguels speech livs eyes was filled with tears.

all she could do was wrap her hands around his neck.  he snaked his hands around her lower back and lifted her off the ground.  he set her down and they stayed in the hug for a while.  the bell on the door jangled, causing them to let go.

"you guys coming?"  hawk asked.  a smirk growing on his face when he realized the two made up.  "finally!"  he said making the two laugh.  "my moms here, get in if you need a ride.  hurry it up, love birds!"