one

Freyja looks into the mirror as her Handmaids' adjust the long green dress, she had chosen to wear today. From the expression on her face, everyone could tell that her heart was torn from the past events and how she wished things could have turned out differently. With a deep sigh, she steps away from the mirror and the Handmaids move away, bowing at her. She used to hate when they did that, but now she had lost the energy to try and stop them.

She makes her way out of the chambers, the guards straightening up as she passes them. As she wanders the hallways, she can't help but remember all the good memories she has of them. Instead of warming her heart, the memories seem to sadden her even more as she makes her way to the throne room.

As she reaches the large doors, the guards open them for her and she makes her way in. Her heart drops as she takes a look at the people who are already in. Frigga, the Queen, gives her a soft sympathetic smile, which Freyja returns. She then looks at Thor, who smiles warmly at her, a smile which she weakly returns, before looking at Odin, who keeps his neutral face. And then there he was, the one she loved more than anything or anyone in the nine realms.

His hair was much longer than the last time she had seen him, he was a lot paler and she could sense the change in him. He wasn't the same loving Prince he had been, when they used to run through the hallways. Yet, she somehow still hoped that his love for her was there, and she could find out if she wished, but they had promised each other to never use their powers on each other.

"Freyja, please come closer." Odin calls out, making her look away from Loki and up at the king, seated on the throne. She slowly makes her way closer to him, standing in between Thor, Frigga and Loki, all three facing her but looking up at Odin. "Since you were Loki's lover, you should know that for the crimes he has committed against the throne and the chaos he has caused in the realms, he will be imprisoned for life. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Allfather." She says weakly, as she looks down at her feet. Tears burning in her eyes as her heart keeps breaking at the news. She knew what Loki had done was horrible, unforgivable even, but her love for him overpowered all of that. She just keeps wishing things had turned out differently.

"I hope you also understand, due to these circumstances, the arranged marriage with him has been annulled." Odin says, making her finally look up as a tear rolls down her cheek and she nods in understanding.

"I understand. But may I share my thoughts, my king?" She asks, causing him to take a deep breath and he nods for her to continue. "Must you judge him so harshly?"

"My child, have you already forgiven him for the atrocities he has done?" Odin asks and she glances at Loki, who for a second seems to have that loving look in his eyes, but as soon as it appears, it disappears. She quickly looks back up at Odin.

"Yes. I have. If I am being honest, I still love him after everything." She states firmly, making Loki look at her in shock and deep down, he can't help but feel overjoyed knowing that he still loved her.

"That's enough, Freyja. You must forget about Loki, as you are now to marry Thor." As those words leave Odin chaos settles in the throne room as Freyja collapses on the floor, tears running down her cheeks. Loki is left speechless as he feels numb, while both Thor and Frigga protest.

"I already am in love with another woman! And nothing in the world will stop Freyja from loving Loki, can you not see?" Thor roars at his father, who doesn't seem to be paying much attention.

"This is foolishness. Odin, when you agreed to let Loki be the one to marry Freyja before, it's because you knew that nothing would come in between them!" Frigga exclaims, angered by the news. She had seen the heart break in both Loki and Freyja's eyes as Odin announced his decision.

"Enough! The decision is final! If Loki had not rebelled the way he did, then we wouldn't be here right now. Now, he must live with the consequences." Odin snaps, as guards take Loki's chains and start leading him away. Freyja notices it and stands up, attempting to run after him, but Thor holds her back, knowing it would worsen things.

"No! Let me go!" Freyja screams as she tries to pull away, she watches as Loki is taken away and after she can't see him anymore, she finally stops resisting. Frigga walks up to her, pulling her into a hug as she collapses into the Queen's arms.

"Also, Freyja, if ever I catch you visiting, Loki. I will send you to Midgard." Odin says, making her cry even more, while Frigga looks at him in slight annoyance. "You're all dismissed."