thirteen

"Thor!" Jane calls out after him, as he rolls down the hill. Freyja is frozen in place, as she is unsure whether she should go after Thor and make sure he is okay, or stay by the side of Loki, the one she loved. Loki jumps down to join Thor, making Freyja and Jane rush after him. "No!"

"You really think I cared about Frigga? Or Freyja? All I ever wanted was you and Odin dead at my feet!" Loki says, as he gets closer to Thor, who tries to reach out for his Hammer. Loki cuts off his hand, making the hammer drop as Thor screams in pain. Freyja gasps as she looks up at him in bewilderment. Loki turns to face her and for a second she sees him smile softly at her, before he grabs her by the arm and throws her the floor.

"Loki! Please stop!" She screams as she hits the floor hard and he leans over her, before driving his dagger near her face.

"Don't move, my love. They must believe I've killed you." Loki whispers to her, before he stands up and she lets out a breath of relief. She doesn't move, but simply closes her eyes as she hears Jane struggle against Loki's grip. "Malekith. I am Loki of Jotunheim, and I bring you a gift. I ask only one thing in return... a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn."

The dark elves speak amongst themselves in the eleven language. Loki throws Jane at their feet, making her grunt as she looks up in fear. Freyja can hear Thor grunt in pain next to her. Malekith walks up to Thor, making Freyja stiffen.

"Look at me." Malekith says to Thor, kicking him so that he rolls over on his back. Malekith keeps staring at Thor as he elevates Jane and starts to pull out the Aether from her.

"Loki! Now!" Thor shouts as soon as the Aether is out of Jane and she drops to the floor. Freyja pushes herself up on to her feet and runs over to cover Jane as Thor uses his lightening to destroy the Aether. Freyja looks up, thinking they've defeated the Dark Elves, but the Aether slowly rematerialises, and goes into Malekith. The dark elves army start to make their way to them, making Loki help Freyja up.

"Stay safe." Loki says, and before Freyja can say anything else, he leaves to go help Thor in battle. Freyja notices Malekith throw a bomb in their direction, making her push Jane aside, before she herself is pushed aside. Loki is being pulled up by the vacuum created by the bomb, but Thor quickly pulls him out harm's way. Thor and Loki rush back to battle. And Freyja watches as the ship disappears.

She watches as Malekith's right hand makes his way towards a defenseless Thor, making her rush in his direction. She grabs a sword from the floor and uses that pierce right through the monster. He immediately drops to the floor, making Thor look at her in shock. She turns around to see Loki staring at her, causing her to grin. A look of panic settles on his face and he starts running towards her.

"Freyja! Move!" He shouts, but its too late, she feels the cold metal pierce through. A gasp escapes her as the sword is pulled out of her and blood starts to trickle down her mouth. Her body collapses on the floor. "No!"

"Freyja!" Thor exclaims, as he stands up and watches Loki rush to her side. He decides it's best to leave Loki alone with her in her last moments and goes to check on Jane.

"Oh you bloody fool. Why would you do such reckless thing?" Loki asks as tears start to roll down his cheek.

"Because he's your brother... you wouldn't... you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if he died." She says, slightly choking on the blood in her mouth.

"How am I supposed to live with myself now that you're dying? My love, please do not leave me." Loki cries out, making her smile weakly.

"You'll be fine... you're stronger than you think you are." She sighs, letting out one last breath. Loki looks at her lifeless body in disbelief, before he bursts into tears.

"Freyja. Please. Don't go. Don't go. I have so much I must tell you. So much I should have told you." Loki sobs, as he holds her close to him. "I love you, Freyja. I always have. Always will."