six

Freyja steps out of her rooms, making her way towards where she already knows Thor and his friends were spending the night. They had just come back from the final battle that restored peace in the realms, and Odin had told her to go celebrate with them. She didn't really feel like going, but she thought she would still put that effort in.

Her mind kept on playing the conversation she had with Loki earlier. Her heart kept on aching at the way she had left him. But at the same time, she thought maybe he was right, maybe she was better off without him. So many thoughts clouded her judgement as she walked into the room. As she arrives she immediately notices Volstagg, Fandral, Sif and Thor who are all sat at the table drinking in celebration. The four notice her entrance, making all but Thor cheer, Thor simply smiles at her welcomingly.

"Future Queen of Asgard!" Fandral exclaims, making her force a smile as she takes a seat next to Sif and Thor. The god of thunder could sense her sadness, but he knew her well enough to know better than to ask about it when in front of others. "Can't believe you're getting married to Thor."

"Finally a man truly worthy of your time. Never understood what you saw in Loki." Volstagg grumbles as he downs his cup of beer, making Freyja scrunch her nose. This wasn't her type of scene, she would rather be in libraries or gardens, rather then getting drunk.

"He has his charm." Freyja muses, making the three warriors scoff at that. Thor clears his throat, catching everyone's attention.

"Freyja and I both agree that this arranged wedding between us, would not make us happy on the long term." Thor says, as he grabs his own cup and give Freyja a soft smile. "So let's not talk about it."

"Yes, captain." Fandral says jokingly, making them all roar in laughter. Freyja feels out of place and she leans back in her seat. She takes a look around the table and can't help but sigh as her eyes land on Sif. Freyja had always admired the warrior, who even if she was told she could not become one - because of her being a woman - made it into battle and became one of Asgard's finest warriors. Sif notices her stare and she turns to look down at her.

"Do you want to get away from here, Freyja?" Sif asks, making her nod gratefully. The two stand up, catching the attention of the men. "Don't worry about us. We can take care of ourselves."

"Take care, Freyja. Let's talk sometime." Thor says, making her nod, before she and Sif walk out into the outdoors.

"So what burdens the mind of your ladyship? It can't be battle? Is it wedding plans?" Sif asks teasingly, making Freyja chuckle softly as she shakes her head.

"It's more complicated than that, Sif. A battle is straightforward, you know who you're fighting and you know how to fight. But emotions... are so much more complex, you're not sure what they're trying to tell you or what you're even truly feeling." Freyja admits, making Sif hum as she starts to understand the problem at hand. 

"It has something to do with Loki." Sif concludes, making Freyja nod in confirmation. "I do not understand your love for him anymore. I admired it back then, I even envied it, but now I don't understand it."

"I don't either. Everyone is so angered at him and hateful towards him. I understand that what he has done can be unforgivable, but I can't find myself to share those feelings. All I can think of, is how much I missed him and how I want him to be the one I marry, rather than Thor. Yet, even he doesn't want me to feel that way for him." Freyja sighs, making Sif smile sadly as they continue to stroll through the gardens.

"In my opinion, I would not waste my time on a man like Loki anymore. I would marry Thor happily." Sif says honestly, making Freyja look up in amusement and with a knowing smirk.

"I'm sure you would. It is no secret but to him, that you are in love with him." Freyja giggles, making a blush rise to Sif's cheek. This is one of the rare moments, in which Sif can put aside her warrior demeanour and be more carefree. Moments like this only happened when Sif and Freyja were alone, and since the supposed death of Loki they had become even rarer moments.

"This isn't about him and I, at the moment. The point I was trying to make, is that Loki is not a man to mess around and to trust. But, at the same time I know that the love you and him had, was special and unique. So if there is one person in the world who would be able to save him from his own darkness, it would be you." Sif says and this time it's Freyja's turn to blush. How much she wanted to believe her friend's words right now.

"I wish that were true. But he keeps pushing me away, telling me I shouldn't be with him. That I shouldn't love him." Freyja says sadly, making Sif stop in her steps which leads to Freyja turning around to face her.

"It is true. You just have to keep peeling the layers of his cold heart until you find the loving Loki once again." Sif says with a shrug.