fifteen

Freyja and Loki stand nervously on the side, as Thor is kneeled in front of the throne, where Odin is standing in front. Thor had just come back and had brought Loki, Freyja back with him. Odin wasn't very pleased, but said he wanted to deal with Thor first.

"You once said there would never be a wiser king than me. You were wrong. The Alignment has brought all the realms together. Everyone one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard offer its new king in return?" Odin asks, making Thor look up at his father.

"My life, Loki's life and Freyja's life." Thor says, making the two on the side look at each other, before looking back at Thor. "Father I cannot be king of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all his grave imbalance, understands rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice... it changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great king."

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin asks, making Thor scoff.

"When you speak, do I never hear Mother's voice?" Thor retorts, as Loki takes hold of Freyja's hand. "This is not for Jane, father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now forbid me to see her, or say she can rule at my side. It changes nothing."

"One son who wants the throne too much..." Odin trails off as he glances at Loki, who looks down in shame. "Another who will not take it. Is this my legacy?"

"Loki fought with honour and for love. I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?" Thor asks, making Odin sigh. Thor goes to hand the hammer to his father, but he waves him off.

"It belongs to you. If you are worthy of it it." Odin sighs, making Thor nod.

"I shall try to be. What of Loki and Freyja?" Thor asks, making the two perk up and look at them nervously.

"You asked for their life. They're free. But, Loki, you will never sit on this Throne. I hope you are aware of it." Odin says, making Loki nod in acceptance. "I cannot give you both my blessing, nor can I wish you good fortune."

"I know." Thor says, before he turns around and nods at the two who follow him, making their way out of the throne room.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become, even that, I could not say." Odin speaks up again, making them stop and turn to look at him. "It would speak only from my heart. Go, my sons."

"Thank you father." Thor says, before step out of the throne room, the doors closing behind them. Thor turns to look at Loki and Freyja. "What are your plans now, brother? I hope you're not up to no good."

"I think Freyja will assure that I'm not." Loki says, making her smile softly at him.

"I'd ask you to come to Midgard with me, but I think it's better I explain some things before you come." Thor says, making Loki smile sheepishly.

"Do not fret, brother. Freyja and I already know where we will go." Loki says, as he looks down at her lovingly, making a blush rise to her cheeks.

"Well, I hope to see you soon again. I wish you both good fortune." Thor nods, making Freyja grin before she lets go of Loki and hugs his brother.

"Thank you, Thor. For everything." She says, before letting go and going back to Loki's side.

"No, thank you." Thor beams, before he flies away, leaving the two behind.

"Should we not have told him?" Freyja asks, making Loki look down at her, before pecking her lips.

"He'll know eventually. But for now, I'd like to keep our marriage to ourselves."

the end