twelve

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki sighs as he looks at Jane, while Thor covers her with a blanket.

"It would consume you." Freyja breaths out, as she looks around the ship waste yard they're flying through.

"She's holding up all right. For now." Loki points out, making Thor glare at him as he walks to Loki and Freyja.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor says, making Loki scoff.

"Say goodbye."

"Not this day." Thor says, making Freyja smile softly.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've priced will be snatched away from you." Loki snarls, making Freyja look up at him in disbelief as Thor gets angry.

"Says the one who won't even dare look into the eyes of the one he loves. You are not allowed to advice me concerning my love, when you can't even accept Freyja, even though you love her more than anything." Thor snaps, making Freyja look down and Loki clench his jaw in annoyance, but he knew Thor was right.

"Love is not in my nature." Loki says softly, making Freyja close her eyes to avoid tears to escape.

"Surrender is not in mine." Thor says in determination.

"The son of Odin..."

"No. Not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of mother? You had her tricks but I had her trust." Thor stands up to face his brother, making Freyja feel anxious as the tension starts to form between them.

"Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?" Loki asks in anger, as tears start to burn in his eyes.

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor asks as he gets closer to Loki, clearly in just as much pain as his younger brother.

"Who put me there? Who put me there?" Loki shouts, making Thor push him down. Freyja jumps to her feet with a gasp.

"You know damn well who!" Thor shouts, as he raises his fist to punch Loki, but Freyja rushes to stop him.

"Stop. Both of you." Freyja snaps as she pushes them away from each other. "She wouldn't want you to fight. And your love for each other, even though blinded by anger and grief at the moment, is stronger than this. She wouldn't want you to fight."

"Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki says softly, as he looks down at her. Thor can't help but smile as he notices the loving look Loki was giving her, but she doesn't seem to notice.

"I wish I could trust you." Thor admits to Loki, who sighs and looks back up at him. Thor walks away from the two back towards Jane.

"Trust my rage."

"Jane." Thor calls out as she seems to regain consciousness. She stands up, looking around to try and regain understanding of what's happening.

"Malekith." She breaths out, as she stares ahead of them. Loki lands their ship, before they all get off and start walking up a hill. As they stand upon the hill they can see the massive space craft of the Dark Elves, and the soldiers walking in their direction.

"All right. Are you ready?" Thor asks Jane, who looks up at him and nods. Freyja can't help but feel scared as she stares ahead of them, Loki senses it and takes her hand in his. She looks up at him with a grateful smile.

"I am." Loki says, even though he wasn't the one who got asked the question, causing Freyja to snort in amusement. Thor walks up to Loki, who lets go Freyja. "You know, this plan of yours is going to get us killed."

"Yes, possibly." Thor admits, making Loki give him a look of annoyance. He shows his cuffed hands to Thor.

"You still don't trust me, brother?" Loki asks, making Thor looks at his hands.

"Would you?" Thor asks, before removing the restrictions from Loki's hands.

"No, I wouldn't." Loki says, as he pulls out his dagger and stabs Thor, before pushing him down the hill.