Prologue

At the beginning of time there were but two beings, Cornelius and Gurileth. Creation and Destruction, Light and Dark, they were brothers. Destruction cannot exist without creation; therefore creation cannot exist without destruction. However, without balance, existence is not stable and cannot sustain itself, crumbling at the hands of its destroyer. Even when creation and destruction exist, they are not always equal. Gurileth was stronger than his brother, Cornelius, and was less stable. So to preserve the world they have created, Cornelius created a prison deep within the Underworld to contain his brother's immense power and restore balance. But Gurileth wouldn't allow himself to be locked away so easily, in rage he tried to kill his brother, the ultimate destruction, destroying existence. However, one of the gods Cornelius had created, Bolvec, defended him and scarred Gurileth, but not kill as to do so would destroy existence. Cornelius instead sealed Gurileth away in the Underworld, protecting the thriving world they had created and all life on its surface.

When the Elves established the continent of Granya, the Era of Power had begun, the dwarves and humans placing kingdoms of their own on the land. 542 years later an age of exploration flooded over the human race, which then set out on multiple expeditions in search of new land and new resources. These expeditions proved quite sufficient, seeing that they found a new continent a few months in, although it was a desert, it was still land. They circled the land mass in search of other, more survivable biomes. Soon humanity had a piece of this "New World" and began colonizing it. It was named Arcania by a prophet who was said to have guided the expedition there. 86 years later, the humans' kingdom of Saefville had divided themselves into two separate kingdoms. Granya soon fell into war not too long after as the succeeding humans fought the king they saw as tyrannical for control of the entire kingdom and its river.

This war was known as the Great War for Granya, and was ended at its peak when the succeeding human kingdom of Vendolegon, lost its expert military strategist, Captain Jack Holder, who was killed by a Saefville general, named Thomas Marshall. From that moment, Vendolegon's forces quickly crumbled and the war was over not long after in the year 647. Six years later, a group of assassins known as the Nameless Clan would open a gateway connecting the Overworld with the Underworld and begin a war of the gods started by the emergence of Death itself into the mortal realm. He brought upon unrelenting devastation, destroying all who opposed him. He ravaged Granya with no one able to stop him in a 20 year war, during which he destroyed the mighty Elven Empire single-handedly. Death seemed inevitable.