Chapter 5- Honoring a Deal

The end of the final fight was so intense that everybody was in awe at the finale. It was such an incredible display of power everybody was able to see thanks to the efforts of the mages retaining control of their spell. Their efforts allowed for the final moments to be witnessed.

The final moments played out, Benjamin and Seveillius's fists were locked in a stalemate, until one falter in power made that one person defeated, Benjamin's fist prevailed and ultimately threw Seveillius across Dexadus, crashing and bouncing off of the damaged grasslands. Upon coming up behind him, he caught Seveillius by the head, his body was limp. Both of them were then transported from Dexadus, the battle royale had concluded.

"The twenty fourth and final loss in the De Dis Proelium is contestant number three, Sir Seveillius Godswrath! The Thirteenth Decennial De Dis Proelium is hereby concluded! The fourteenth King of Humanity as of this day is Lord Benjamin Aaron III." The Grand Mage announced as Seveillius appeared beside his mage and Benjamin appeared beside the Grand Mage. The crown was then brought onto the center stage, the crown of legendary power that was only entrusted to the king, whoever that may be. This crown of legend went by the title, the Crown of Creation. This crown was handed to the Grand Mage who then would crown Benjamin as king, making it set in stone. Benjamin knelt and the crown was placed onto his head, creating a roar of applause and cheers.

"Long live King Benjamin!" The audience cheered, this was the very end of the thirteenth De Dis Proelium.

Everyone in humanity resumed their daily lives after the event was over, the contestants of the De Dis Proelium were rewarded a sum of gold for their participation in it based on rank. The first to be taken out, Ivan Krueger, was given a thousand gold, it then increased five thousand with each rank, Alexander Leeunded was given six thousand and Sover was given eleven thousand and it went on from there. After their payment, they all returned to their lives as normal, some of them with more frustration than others.

Ivan was one of the most frustrated ones as he talked so highly about himself just to be the first one out of the competition and what was worse is that it was someone younger and weaker than he was, he was sure of it. Regardless of his anger towards Hunter, he was not about to make a second mistake by trying to fight him right then and there, so he headed for the eastern gate of the capital to return to Yashakiro, his home. He would return to his gang, a group of fellow street thugs who thought he was the strongest, whether returning in shame or in comfort, he prepared himself for the worst: his gang would turn on him, kick him out or fight him for the top spot but he was not about to let that happen and live, for if he had no place on the streets of Yashakiro, he would deem himself worthless.

Alexander Leeunded and his mage walked to the southern gate, along with Likario and his mage "So, what did Humanity's Strongest Soldier tell you to get you to give up so easily?" Leeunded's mage asked Likario with a smile.

"He told me something most puzzling, a mystery I must unravel. It would be of no use to tell you exactly what he had said to me in the gods' paradise. Not to worry, it shall be relatively easy but for now I have some tasks I need to assign to you, Kotain." Likario replied as the magician started laughing ceaselessly.

Sover and Shirinorie left to the outskirts south of Yashakiro, teleporting using their mages. Their goal was to settle their rivalry in a fight not weighed down by any rules. Oten George went back to Troit with his mage who was also his uncle, instead of yelling at him for not being good enough; he told him he did well. Most of the citizens in Troit were proud of Oten and his strength; they supported him no matter what happened, like family. Steam-Punk Razor stayed in the capital for an important surgery due to Keith's finishing attack that melted his gear onto his skin. He would have four mages and four doctors working at once on removing the metal from his skin. Hugo, Hunter, and General David left for Halstrom, the country that housed the Military Assassin's Guild's Main Base of Operations. Arthur and Kung Li Chang traveled to Kodansha where Arthur would be Li Chang's student. After witnessing Chang's power, Arthur realized how ignorant he was and that he still had so much left to learn.