Chapter 7- The Demon Assault Regiment

"So the masked man you encountered seemed to be the leader of the attackers, huh? He definitely is a dangerous one, and this attack was planned... so the question remains, what was his goal and did he achieve it?" Kai said after hearing all of what he had to say.

He knows more than he's letting on... I don't know why, but he's making it seem like he knows the same as us, when he actually knows something more, but why? Daniel said in his head as he pondered his own theories.

"*sigh* No use wondering about it now. I bet that egg-head Butch will have a million theories he'd like to share with us... You better head back to your cabin, wouldn't want to miss your first class, now would you? I'll let you go, you were never here." Kai said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"B-but sir, isn't it against the rules to not report a cadet outside past their curfews?!" One of the soldiers asked frantically.

"And isn't disobedience an act of treason?" Kai asked right back at him "He was never here as far as the two of you are concerned, got it? You can tell one of the generals if you wish, but I doubt anything will be done, so you choose." Kai told them sternly.

"Ah-Y-yes sir!" One of them responded before the other, as that soldier was hesitating.

"Y-yes sir!" The other responded.

"Good, then we're all in agreement. Now you two will come with me and we'll search through the ruins of the Research Building to see if we can find something the others missed." Kai told them before turning to the Research Building. Just as he turned around, two dark, horned humanoids leapt out of the bushes beside the two soldiers, throwing one of their closed, sharp hands into the temple of the soldiers' heads, popping a portion of it like a balloon. Kai looked back immediately, the threat already about to attack him. He quickly blocks it with one of his swords and seeing the other attacker dash at at Daniel he threw the sword, cutting its attacking arm off before it could connect, the arm hit Daniel without nearly as much as its original force.

"This must be the famous Commander Kai; strongest warrior of humanity... Our General is expecting you at the barracks building, along with your General...heh, heh, heh. Better get there quick or he'll just end up killing him!" The creature told him. Now standing still, Daniel could see it was a humanoid creature wearing a gas mask with light black armor; their fingers had very sharp claws, covered in blood, which explained their attacks and also revealed that they were unarmed.

"So what's a demon general doing in the humanity country of Shira?" Kai asked the demon.

"It's not my place to tell, however, you and this training camp of yours are doomed! Now, die!" The Demon told him before he lunged at Kai, stiffening his hand again. He dodged the demon's strike, grabbing his arm and decapitating him, cutting off his arm in the process before throwing his sword backwards in one wide swing, the sword landing in the head of the other demon.

"Do you have any idea what's happening? Are they part of the ones who attacked last night?" Daniel asked as Kai walked back to him, retrieving and wiping his blades.

"No, last night's attackers were human, not only that, they wore cloaks and chain-mail. Not many demons are willing to even look at a human nowadays; their government won't even work with any. These demons are a part of the Sanctum Military, the demon's home country, and from the looks of their equipment, they're a part of a certain section of their military called the Assault Regiment." Kai explained.

"What does this regiment do?"

"This isn't good... They're basically like Humanity's MAG, they do what their regular military can't. They also do the dirty work for the Sanctum government, anything from cover-ups to assassinations of political leaders, making them worse than our guild."