Chapter 1- That Day

On the final day of Death's war against Granya, in the Human settlement of Shira on Arcania there was a young, twelve year-old boy by the name of Daniel Wilson. Being the son of a knight who fights for his country, he began training at the age of ten, shortly after his father returned from Granya, but in that same year he was sent back to fight. Regardless of his father's absence, Daniel continued to train everyday because, like every other son at the time, that was what was expected of them, every son was destined to become a soldier, a man of honor and bravery. It was on that day he was running through the streets of his hometown of Truston, making his way to the outskirts of its limits, into the grasslands. Today wasn't just about training, like it always was, this time he was meeting with his friends at their normal spot. He stopped to rest a bit at the edge of town, brushing his wet brown hair out of his face as he breathed heavily.

"Out for your evening run, Danny boy?" The grisly old blacksmith said from across the street with a grin. He was old and weathered, like a reliable tool that you've used for years. Gray and covered in grease and various burns, he wore an eye-patch over his right eye and was the best blacksmith Daniel ever knew. This man knew metal like the back of his hand, which he was quite skillful in crafting the finest and sturdiest weapons.

"*pant* Heh...yeah, you know it...*pant*" Daniel replied tiredly.

"I don't get why you still do it. Ain't your papa out fighting in Granya, hundreds of miles away? There's no way he would know you weren't training to the bone like he told you to." The Old Blacksmith said, but got no response. "Hmm... So you respect your old man that much, do ya? You're the most determined boy I've seen in years." He chuckled. "He hasn't been there for half your life, how do you have that strong of a connection with that man?"

"Well...he's my father. The only man I look-up to, he told me that being a soldier is about honor and spirit, only the bravest become soldiers. I want to be just like him when I grow up, maybe even stronger!" Daniel said proudly with a grin and a brilliant shine in his blue eyes.

"Well if you ever get there when you're older, you'll find it hard to surpass Truston's own, Commander Kai." The Blacksmith told him.

"Commander Kai?"

"Yea, you haven't heard of him? He's known as the strongest human man alive, perhaps Lothlorien's strongest man. They say his strength is equal to that of an entire army. Astounding, that one..."

"Oh, wow! He sounds awesome! But I bet my father could beat him, he's the greatest!" Daniel said, regardless of the rumored strength of Kai.

"Heh, we'll see about that, now run along kid, I got work to do." He chuckled, turning back to his workshop, back to making swords and weaponry for the military.

"Bye!" Daniel then ran off into the fields to his friends' usual hang-out spot. As he ran away, an injured man entered the Blacksmith's shop.

Daniel was excited to see his friends, they haven't got together in a while because of the recent paranoia of the war that contributed to the whole, the enemy could be anywhere, way of thought. Mothers would almost never let their children out of the house, even though the war was being fought on a whole different continent. But since recent changes in the tides of the war, people started to feel safer, letting their kids out of their homes with curfews. Daniel had to be home for dinner, like most children during that time. A few minutes into the grasslands, he arrived at a lone stump a good distance away from any building, at the stump he saw only two people waiting and felt disappointment. He expected more of his friends to be there, but he was still happy to see his best friend Cole, who looked roughed up and bandaged as always since he was always with his father in his blacksmith shop. The other person who showed up was a girl named Rokilda or Roe for short, she was sitting on the stump.