Chapter 6- Sabotage

The mysterious rumblings got louder and louder, eventually waking the cadets in the cabins, almost all of them confused, tired and concerned. Daniel closed the box and returned it to its original spot on the nightstand. He looked at his watch and it was almost eleven o'clock, it was relatively early in the night. Suddenly, there was a hasty knock on their cabin's door, followed by a soldier swinging it open along with another who had armfuls of swords. "The camp is officially on lockdown! No cadet is to leave their cabins unless the situation is most dire!" The soldier told them with a look of urgency. "Liv! Give the cadets swords so they can defend themselves!" He told the other soldier.

"Right!" He responded.

"And remember, the military prefers a soldier that fights rather than one that runs from a fight." The soldier told them before leaving and shutting the door, leaving them in a thick cloud of confusion. All of the cadets looked through the windows, squishing their faces against the glass like children, all of them trying to figure out what was happening outside to put the camp on lockdown. After a moment, the rumblings stopped at their loudest, at this time everyone looked closer through the windows before a large white foot suddenly slammed down in front of them all, making everyone jump and nearly have heart attacks. It seemed this was the source of the rumblings. The giant that possessed the foot seemed to have stopped, curious to why; the cadets started slowly approaching the windows again when it suddenly began moving again, a large white mass descending to the windows that turned out to be its head. The giant had a white, skeletal face with no lips, only teeth and no eyes, only flesh. The only other things on its terrifying face were a nose and a dark red gem on its forehead. It seemed to be staring at them but without eyes, how could it?

"Wh-what is that?" Ben asked silently, terrified and shaking as he was totally paralyzed with fear by the creature in front of him. The white giant seemed to fill the entire cabin with an imminent pulse of fear and death, gluing them all in place.

"No! They're valuable test subjects; there is so much we can learn from them! Don't kill it! Don't kill the Omega!" they suddenly heard Roberto shout from outside. Not even a minute later, the gem on the giant's forehead split it two, making it collapse like a hearty oak after being cut down. It landed with a thud and threw a couple of the cadets off their feet as it shook the cabin one last time.

"No! Why'd you kill it?!" Roberto asked, sounding like it was the wrong thing to do.

Kai then appeared in the view of the windows, looking to the left "When they're chained up at the Research Building they're your test subjects but when they're loose and running about, they're a dangerous threat that must be eliminated, Roberto." Kai told him in a very serious tone. He turned to the window, to the cadets and pointed at Daniel and Cole who were looking out the same window "You two come get Roberto, he shouldn't be out here. Take him into the cabin with the other cadets. It's not safe out here, as you've clearly seen." Kai told them.

"Wait, he expects us to go out there?!" Cole asked in a panic.

"Come on Cole, it's just beside the cabin, we'll be in and out in no time at all and Roberto will be inside and safe."

"Fine, I guess we have no choice anyway because the Commander ordered us to." He responded as he admitted defeat.

Daniel and Cole then rushed outside, taking with them the standard soldier swords that were given to them earlier. Once they got outside, the omega that had collapsed beside the cabin was withering like a flower over a period of days, except in minutes. "Uh, Daniel... Where's Roberto?" Cole asked nervously.

"What? What do you mean?" Daniel asked in response before noticing Roberto's absence. "I-I'm not sure, but we have to find him!" He said walking to the edge of the light being produced by one of the braziers near the cabins.