Chapter 12- Scattered

Guys, I gotta warn ya, this chapter is one of my longest yet, so be prepared to be here for a little bit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it! And don't forget to vote and comment if you like the story so far and don't be afraid to criticize, point out errors or even suggest ideas!

They only entered the entrance hall and it was already magnificent, or at least to Nina it was, for she seemed to be the only one staring up in awe as they past decorative shields and fancy swords mounted along the walls with wooden braziers lining the hall, a grand painting on the ceiling depicting some war of the heavens. At the end of the hallway there were two guards on either side of a pair of doors that most likely led to the main hall, the largest chamber in the castle. When they approached the doors, the guards opened them, if they were not accompanied by Tybalt; they most likely would have gotten more guards with tense, cautious attitudes and tight security.

As they entered the main hall, a bright shine of the luminous chamber blinded them momentarily before they were able to see the glorious hall, with multiple balconies on either side of the grand chamber. The center of the room had a long table that stretched almost all the way across, candelabras dotted onto the tabletop with goblets full of a dark-red wine for each person there, which was around twenty-two people, all with at least a handful of jewelry on their person. Most of them had their faces covered, but the ones that didn't revealed the desmodians to have light blue skin with slightly pointed ears, like a race of elf, and they had no pupils, just cream-colored eyes with dark blue or brown hair. Each desmodian at the table seemed to come from royalty and wasn't shy on showing it, although a few wore clothes not particularly flashy.

Directly across the hall from General David and them were two thrones, in one sat a fully armored man in a bored position, his head resting in his hand, with a charmed orb of some kind in his chest, the orange and red code of arms displayed on the Monarch's flag prominently displayed everywhere on his armor. In the second, sat a woman in an elegant, regal dress with a tiara and braided dark blue hair, most likely Draconas's wife, the armored man beside her being Draconas himself. Beside his wife was a hooded figure, and beside him, another figure who didn't wear a cloak but dressed in fine apparel, they must've been part of Draconas's royal court. Above them, mounted on the wall were six dragon heads and several other trophies of the Monarch's hunts.

Tybalt led them to the beginning of the table and knelt for his king "Lord Draconas III, ruthless, fearless king of Fourtaine, I have brought before you the two respected alderman sent by Humanity's king in response to your request." Tybalt announced to the main hall, Draconas sat upright to a more alert position as the hall went silent.

"You've lost some of your luster since you last met my father, David." Draconas said in a clear, deep regal voice.

"That was over a decade ago, Draconas. Your father's a good man, why did you overthrow him?!" General Ashdown asked with a hint of anger.

"He's weak! The Brotherhood needs a strong king and he wasn't willing to be strong for Fourtaine, so he didn't deserve to live in it!" Draconas told him.

"Draconas, can we get on with what you summoned them here for?" One of the royals from the table asked, annoyed at the current discussion.

"Ah, yes Lancelot, I'm terribly sorry for that slight straying from topic. Now to the matter at hand. Servant!" He said before clapping his gauntleted hands together "Bring some wine for our guests! Make it the same as I am having." Draconas ordered the lowly figure wearing a tattered and dirty cloak, making him scurry off into what they assumed was the kitchen.

"We're just here for what you called us for, enough of your theatrics!" Kai blurted out at the thought of waiting for wine, he was clearly tense.

"Oh come now Kai, don't all deserve time to relax and have a quick drink?" He replied with a calm and charismatic tone that he most likely used to manipulate others, but it didn't work this time, everyone was too tense to fall for his trickery.