Chapter 2- The Hunt

Year 676, three years after Oskard's accident, in the same town of Truston in Shira, Oskard was overseeing one of his apprentices he took on to run the shop for him. It was a humid day in March; the smell of ash and metal filled the shop as the forge was working fiercely, the young man bluntly hit the steaming red-hot strip of metal on the anvil.

"Careful!" The grisly voice shouted "Remember, you're crafting a sword that'll save someone's life, not a crooked piece of metal that'll only be used as a paperweight!" Oskard then took the moist rag from the table and wiped his forehead.

"Yes Master!" The young man at the anvil said back at him, trying harder to master the way of the smith.

"Hmph... That brat's late again, any idea where he scuttled off to, Ashon?" Oskard asked him , looking frustrated at the run-down antique pocket watch in his hand.

"I think he's at the market." Ashon responded.

"Hold on, I thought he went to get water for the forge!" Another man said from against the wall of the shop.

"I heard he overslept." A young man said from the doorway of the shop.

"Why am I even asking you three? I know exactly what he must be doing... what he's been doing lately." Oskard sighed.

Meanwhile, on the other side of Shira in the southern gate town of Belevere, the "brat" Oskard referred to, otherwise known as Daniel Wilson was standing on a roof of a local inn, looking into the crowd of people below.

"Ahhh, the city of Belevere, where all the thieves and wanted men run to hide from bounty hunters and mercenaries. But he can't hide from me here; this is familiar territory to me!" Daniel said to himself, smiling. Then he looked at the wanted poster he had in his backpack, it read:

WANTED

ALIVE

CARBONZ "SLIPPERY" DIGAS

CRIMES: MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS OF THEFT, MURDER, ASSOCIATION WITH THE LORDS OF GRANYA

REWARD: 10,000G

Daniel packed his bag and looked at his silver pocket watch before chuckling "It's time, he should be active now." He took four metal bracelets out of the backpack and clamped two to his ankles and two to his wrists, lowering his hands a bit. "Is it just me or did these get heavier than when I last put them on? Eh, guess it doesn't really matter." He said to himself, shrugging it off. Suddenly he remembered what day it was "Dang it! I was supposed to go to Oskard's place and finish that sword we've been working on! Oh, but I'm so close to finally nailing this guy! I spent three days tracking him! I'll just finish this up and rush to Oskard's and hope I make it before nightfall." He told himself before placing his backpack on his shoulder.

He jumped from the roof onto another nearby and repeated over and over again, searching the crowds below for the man he was hunting. About an hour later he stopped to rest, combing his long, dark brown hair off the right side of his face as to the left side which was covered with the majority of his hair.

"Ah, there he is!" He said, pointing at the cloaked figure walking down the narrow, sparsely crowded street.

He then jumped down to the street and ran at Carbonz, who immediately noticed and started running as well, not caring if he knocks civilians down or not. Nonetheless, Daniel was quickly catching up to him and he noticed. Carbonz then pulled out a spell book and flipped through the pages.

Once he got to a certain page, he announced "Oil Magic: Slippery Speed Boots!" Suddenly his feet were illuminated in a nauseous, yellowish green color and caused him to gain speed.