Chapter 18- The Dark Revival

Bits and pieces of the gate flew outward into the crowd as another beauteous flower of destruction was born. Chunks of stone crashed down and crushed many. Before the gate was destroyed, Daniel's and Bruce's team jumped from the rooftops into the crowd to help Butch and the others fight them off. A large piece of the gate fell towards Daniel and threw him to the ground as it created a whirlwind of dust. Pain irradiated from his head as the dust settled, he hit the ground hard and was stunned for a moment. He tried to stand but his right hand wouldn't budge, pain shooting up his arm with each pull, soon he found half of his forearm was crushed under the large piece of the gate, his blood leaking out from under it. The orcs, demons, and Cyclopes were fighting not only Bruce's and Butch's group, but also the sentinals that started to flood into the newest entrance. Daniel tried desperately to pull his hand out from under the chunk of stone, but all he achieved was excruciating pain with each attempt. When a demon noticed him, they started towards him; he grabbed his sword and kicked the demon's feet out from under them, throwing his sword through them as they were falling to the ground. His sword was left in the demon's body, which fell just out of his reach.

I-I've got to get up; I have to make it to the castle! I will make it out of here alive! But first, I have to get my arm out from under this stone! Daniel shouted in his head as he made more attempts to free himself with little luck and a lot more pain. As he persisted, Bruce and the remaining members of his squad fought in the confusion, taking out as many enemies as they could.

"We don't have time for this! Everyone mount one of the Sergeant's allies' horses, we need to reach the castle!" Bruce shouted over the sounds of battle, fending off a couple of relentless orcs. Butch's group then moved in and cut a path on their way to Bruce and the others.

"AAAAHHHH! Come on!" Daniel shouted with a strong mixture of pain and frustration as his right arm wasn't budging, but just ripping and twisting up his muscles. It seemed as he struggled, the intense, shredding pain filled his arm up to his shoulder. He pulled and pulled with all he might, but eased up each time he felt like he was about to rip his entire arm off. Shouting in pain each time he persisted, he didn't notice the heavy footsteps that started to approach the confusion of the square. Before he knew what was happening, a large shadow loomed over him, making him look and find the large, broad-shouldered armored figure with massive horns and a metal mask staring over him.

The man chuckled at the sight of him "Ha-ha! I've never sensed a presence quite like this coming from a mere human nov! Well, my senses have never steered me wrong before, I'm going to enjoy destroying you!" The figure laughed as he reached down with his large, serrated gauntlet.

"Go to Hell!" He shouted at the figure with aggression and frustration before he slammed his knife into the man's right hand, piercing his metal glove. The figure stood up and stepped back, roaring in pain with the knife still lodged through his hand.

"Hahaha! Oh, I like a little fight in my victims!" The figure shouted with a chuckle. Daniel then realized if he was to have a chance of survival, he would have to take drastic measures. He did what no person would do if there was any other option; he grabbed a nearby piece of stone and smashed his right arm. He growled in pain as he brought down the stone once more with a wet crunch, splintering his arm. It hurt, but he couldn't stop there, he had to keep going if he was to get free, so he smashed his arm again and again, over and over until his forearm broke completely into shards. His muscle tore with excruciating pain when he started to pull his arm out, grinding his teeth as he shouted out in agony, the muscle fibers getting torn apart in pairs. One more try freed him in a bloody pop as his muscle finally separated from being pinned by the chunk of stone, he was now free, but at the price of his right or his dominant hand.

All he could feel was pain; his body's pain was dulled as it got farther from his right arm; however he was too tired to even care. He looked down upon his bloody right arm; half of his forearm was limp and hung as blood poured from the exposed, shredded muscle tissue mixed with pieces of bone. The large man then ripped the knife out of his hand with a forceful yank, throwing it down before he resumed walking. This large man wasn't angry, but happy, laughing lightly as his excitement irradiated from him like an intense, crackling fire, the man couldn't wait to fight the pained Daniel for an unknown reason, raising his massive arms as he was about to strike. Moments before he descended his arms, a horse dashed by and swiped Daniel, saving him from the potentially devastating strike. "Are you okay, Daniel?!" Daniel heard a familiar voice ask, it was the voice of his savior, he recognized it as he also looked up upon her face and found it was Nina. All he could do in response was groan in pain "Well, at least that's a response..." She said hopefully as she rode out of the gate with the other groups of humans.