(ELEVEN)

"You guys might want to go home early, but I sure as heck don't. Banks, go get Harvey. We need her right now." All of the players looked at each other and stared at their coach, asking him if that was the best idea. "Did you hear me, Banks? Go get Mendoza!" He slightly shook his head as he disagreed with his coach.

    "She's hurt. She couldn't even skate off the rink. She shou-" Before he could finish sticking up for Harvey, Coach Bombay cut him off.

    "Go get her, or I'll make sure someone else does!" He scoffed as he threw his gloves off and quickly made his way to the locker room, on his way to get Harvey. He knew this was the dumbest idea ever and she should be resting, but coach needed her out there, they all did. He knocked on the locker room door and heard a small come in. He opened the door and saw Harvey with an ice bag on her knee as she sat with Dean on the medical bed. She smiled when she saw Adam, because he always made her feel better.

    "Harv." Her smile faded as Adam looked at the ground. "He wants you back out there. He isn't taking no for an answer. I'm sorry." She looked at the boy and then at Dean, asking if she heard him correctly. "He said if I can't get you back out there, he'll get someone who will."

    "If he needs me that much, I guess I have to." She started to put her jersey back on and rolled her socks back up over her brace. She put her skates back on and hopped off the bed. "Ow." Adam quickly made his way over to the clearly hurt girl and put his arm around her waist, holding her up. "Thanks." Dean could see what was happening and made his way to the restroom to give them privacy. She could tell that Adam didn't want her to do it as he looked at the floor and sighed. She put both of her hands on his face, cupping his cheeks as she spoke to him.

    "I'll be fine, Adam. I would be at the hospital if it hurt that much." He softly pecked her forehead as he pulled her closer to him, hugging her as if he wouldn't see her again.

    "If anything hurts, you tell me and Ms. McKay. She's clearly the only adult that cares." Harvey smiled as his grip tightened on her waist. Even with all of her gear on, she could still feel his hands hold her up. "I mean it Harvey."

    "Ok." He smiled as he pulled away from her, holding one pinky out towards the girl and making her chuckle.

    "Promise?" She smiled and nodded her head, holding out her hand and intertwining their pinkies.

    "Promise." He smiled as he pulled her closer to himself, closing the already small gap between them and kissing her. Her hands rested on his chest as she smiled into the kiss, happy that he was there for her. They pulled away and rested their heads against each other, smiling. She pecked his lips again and pulled away from him, as his smile widened.

    "I really like you, Harv." He knew he already told her, but he wanted her to know again.

    "Eh, I like you too, Banks. Now, we have a game to finish." He smiled as they both made their way out to the rink, letting Dean have the locker room to himself again. When they walked to the box, everyone could see Harvey limp as Adam held her upright. All of her teammates saw her and shook their heads in disappointment at their coach. This was the worst possible idea to ever come out of his head, and it was all because he didn't want to lose to a team of most likely drugged up teens. Out of everyone, Luis was the most outraged by their coaches actions. She was his little sister for Christ sakes, and she was hurt. She looked up at all of her friends and nodded, telling them she would be okay. Adam handed Harvey her stick and her helmet as she smiled at him, telling him thank you.

    "Be careful Harv, I don't want you getting hurt. Okay?" She nodded her head and kissed his cheek.

    "I'll be fine." He looked at the ground, doubting her answer. She smiled and put her hand under his chin, making him look at her. "Look at me, I promise." They walked towards their friends and coach, telling them she was okay.

    "We need you out there, Harv. So far, you are untouchable. They call you Bandit for a reason, Harvey. So steal the damn puck, and do whatever you have to do." She rolled her eyes at her coach when he looked away. If she was untouchable, she wouldn't have gotten shoved into the boards and glass by the slowest blondes on the team. She wouldn't have a stinging pain in her leg that would come and go every minute if she was untouchable. If she was untouchable, she wouldn't have a messed up knee, and the only people that knew about how bad the injury was were Ms. McKay and Dean, and she made them promise not to tell. "Okay team, let's go. Okay, I want Banks, Charlie, and Harvey on offense. But, Charlie and Harv switch, I want Harvey on the left." It's like he wanted her leg totally messed up. If she plays left wing and someone pushes her into the boards, her knee is gonna be the first thing the board comes in contact with. She looked at Charlie and shook her head, but Charlie she took a deep breath in and out, wanting her to do the same thing. He mouthed, are you sure, before the two of them skated to their spots.

    "I'll be fine Spazway." He groaned and rolled his eyes.

    "Not you too, Harvey." She shrugged her shoulders and skated to her spot. When she stopped, she looked forward to see the blonde she had embarresed earlier in the game.

    "Hey, asshole. You hair's looking a little dark, forget to bleach it?"