(TWENTY TWO)

"Charlie, Harv, what are we trying to do here? This isn't the NBA?" Harvey continued to draw what looked like squiggles around the board as Charlie explained what it was and how to work it.

"But it's the perfect teamwork play." They all eventually agreed as Luis went onto the ice and made his way behind Goldie and the net. Harvey squeezed Julie's hand, hoping they would do the play correctly. Luis skated up the rink a bit and passed the puck to Adam before getting tripped. Harvey watched as her boyfriend skated towards the net, dribbling the puck back and forth before letting it stop in between his legs. "Now, cowboy!" Dwayne nodded as he hit the puck up in the air as Adam chased after it. He was close until an Iceland player tripped him right as the puck landed in front of him. Adam quickly whacked the puck while he laid on his stomach and the puck went in. Harvey and Charlie high fived as the goal sirens blared. "It worked, Harv."

..........

"Here's Mendoza on a break away." Harvey's eyes followed her brother as he skated down the rink with the puck as fast as he could. "He can really fly. The speedster into the Iceland zone." Harvey's jaw dropped when her brother came to a complete stop in front of the goalie.

"Holy shit, he did it. He actually stopped." She soon realized that her brother hadn't shot the puck into the net yet. "Shoot it, Lu!" He snapped out of whatever thoughts consumed him and softly slapped the puck into the net. The crowd and team broke out into cheers, happy that he finally made it in the goal.

"Can we get a timeout?" The ref called time as all the ducks skated towards the box. He pulled the whole team close and whispered. "This is what I want to do. Russ, when your on the ice, they come at you right?" Russ nodded his head as everyone looked weirdly at their coach, wondering what he was going to do. "Goldberg and Russ are going to switch."

"What?" Everyone looked around in shock as Coach began to tell Goldie to get his gear off and give it to Russ. Russ quickly put it on before one of the refs skated towards the team and told them to get back in the game.

"Go Ducks!"

"Time running out in the third period. The ducks with the puck. They're still down by a goal, and they're back in their own zone." Harvey watched in anticipation as Guy passed it to Goldberg, who just so happened to be Russ. "Here's Germaine in his own zone. Tyler with it, tees up the puck. With the knuckle puck." Harvey loudly cheers as she turns to Adam and hugs the crap out of him. Russ scored with his infamous knuckle puck and now they had a chance. "Russel Tyler with the knuckle puck ties the game with no time left on the clock." She let go of her boyfriend and kissed his cheek as she turned to the rest of her teammates, high fiving them, and hugging them. The team besides Charlie and Harvey skated onto the ice as Bombay, Ms. McKay, Charlie, and Harv hugged, happy again. "So the championship game comes down to a shoot out. Each team picks five of their best to go one-on-one with their goalie. No rebounds, best of five wins."

"Jesse, Guy, Cowboy, Fulton, and Banksie." Charlie looked at Harvey and nodded his head in approval of her list. Bombay gave her the job of choosing who got to do the one-on-one. Jesse skated onto the ice and circled the puck a few times before taking it down the ice, scoring. They all cheered as the Iceland boy made his way towards the puck.

Iceland scores. 1 - 1
Guy scores. 2 - 1
Goldberg with a save. 2 - 1
Iceland with a save. 2 - 1
Iceland scores. 2 - 2
Fulton scores. 3 - 2
Iceland scores. 3 - 3

Lastly, was Adam and he was nervous. Before he went onto the ice, Harvey grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her.

"Take a breather, babe." He took and deep breath in and out before smiling down at her. "Now kickass, Banksie, like I know you can." He nodded his head and lifted his helmet to kiss her head before turning around and skating towards the puck. He held his arm and stick out, rotating it to make sure he was still okay before skating down the ice.

Banksie scores. 4 - 3
Julie with a save.

Ducks win.

The crowd goes wild, but all Adam Banks can think about is the girl that stole his heart the first day she stole the puck from him. He looked through all of his friends, skating past them as they skated by, calling her name.

"Harv!" He knew she couldn't hear him over the crowd, but a boy could try. He had finally made it past everyone and saw his girlfriend, leaning over the boards, smiling at him. He skated towards her and smiled. "I wanted to thank you for giving me your spot Harv. It means the world to-"

"Shut up and kiss me, Banksie." He stopped mid sentence as his cheeks flushed red and stared at the beautiful girl in font of him.

"What?" Before he could think, Harvey had pulled him towards her and placed her lips on his, as if they were the only two in the arena. He pulled away with a smile on his face as he pecked the girl's lips once more. "I love you, Harvey."

"I love you too, Cake Eater."