(SIXTEEN)

Arguing, all of them were. The whole team, yelling at each other, just minutes away from game time wondering where their coach was. He wasn't in the locker room, he wasn't with Ms. McKay, and he wasn't in the box. Harvey sat there, silent as she played with her fingers. She wasn't able to play do to their coach so she sat on the bench in Adam's sweats, Luis' sweater and her jersey over that. She wasn't mad that she couldn't play, she was mad at the fact that Bombay benched her and then had the audacity not to even show up. They were all trying to figure out who should play first and who should play where.

"Hey team, we're going to do great today, right?" Everyone stopped talking and they all looked up at Mr. Tibbles, shaking their heads. "Mendoza, why aren't you in your gear? We need the Bandit out there tonight." Some of the guys looked at Harvey and then at Tibbles.

"My little outburst in the locker room cost me the rest of my game time, and coach doesn't seem to care if we need the Bandit or not. I got the assistant coach job in case you were wondering." Mr. Tibbles looked at Adam and Charlie, bth nodded their heads to tell him that Harvey was in fact telling the truth.

"Where's Gordon, then?"

"You tell us." Harvey got up from the bench and sat on the ledge next to her brother. "First he benches, Band, and then he doesn't show up." Harvey softly smiles at her twin, thanking him as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I don't believe this." Harvey giggled and whispered to her brother.

"Me either." He chuckled and brought his hand up, ruffling her hair a bit as one of the referees skated towards them.

"Team USA, I'm sorry, but without a coach behind the bench, you'll have to forfeit the game." Harvey jumped off the edge and made her way to the glas, looking for Ms. McKay.

"Ref," Everyone turned around and watched as Harvey knocked on the glass, getting their teachers attention. "You can't do that. We have a coach. Ms. McKay. She's our coach." Their teacher went wide eyed as everyone slowly began to realize what Harvey was doing. She began to walk towards the team, meeting Harvey in the middle.

"What's up, Harvey?" The girl quickly explained what was happening and Ms. McKay was quick to understand. "Well, I am the coach, and since I am, go get your gear on kiddo." Harvey smiled and thanked her teacher before rushing off the rink and running straight to the locker room. She ran to her locker and began to pull off her sweater and sweats, quickly throwing on her pads and uniform. Once she was finished, she made her way to the box, where Coach McKay was already waiting for her. She smiled when she saw the young girl happy and in her uniform. "You ready?"

"When am I not?" She got into the box as the game began, everyone was getting knocked over and the team was hardly doing anything good. She sighed as she continued to watch her team get beaten on, it was almost as bad as the Iceland game.

"We look tired." Harvey stood up and stood next to their new coach, silently agreeing with her. "We need to uh.. trade places." Harvey looked at her team and shrugged her shoulders, not knowing what she meant. "New players." Harvey's eyes widened as she pulled her helmet up.

"Change it up! Guy, off the ice!" Guy nodded his head and skated off as Harvey skated towards her spot at right wing. "Ah, it's good to be back." She smiled as she skated past Adam, winking. "Hey, Banksie." He chuckled and stopped her.

"Try not to get hurt, Harvey. You've gotten hurt almost every other game, and this game is the every other." Harvey smiled and hit his helmet with her stick. "Now, go play the game like I know you can." She nodded her head and muttered an I love you as she made her way to her team. They began to talk about their plays when they heard something they didn't think they were going to hear.

"It's Coach." They all turned around and watched as Coach Bombay made his way down the stairs and into the box with the other half of the team. Harvey rolled her eyes and hoped he didn't see her in her gear. "Damn it."

"Look who finally shows up." The rest of the team watches him as he continues to blow his annoying duck call whistle.

"Just ignore him." She looked at Jesse and furrowed her brows. "Don't worry about it. Coach McKay had you play, not Bombay. You'll be fine." She nodded her head and smiled at Jesse, glad he put at least a little bit of confidence in her. "C'mon, Averman, take the face off." Harvey watched as the other half of her team stood up from the bench while Adam waved her and Charlie over.

"He yelled at us, Char. What's he doing here?" She looked at her friend as he shrugged.

"I don't know, but he's here, so we know it's for a good reason." She sighed as they both skated over to the box, debating on wether or not they should forgive him for not showing up.

"Team, guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team. And the team is all I have." Coach only yelled at the team in the locker room, but he was permanently benching Harvey, and he hasn't said a word to her, or even looked in her direction. "All I want... is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back, okay? Believe me." They all nodded their heads as the six made their way back to their spots. Charlie and Harvey looked at each other and Charlie motioned for Harvey to breathe, something she forgets to do when she overthinks.

"You are okay."