chapter:12

(Y/n) @10:47 am
'Hey are we meeting up today for the project?, if not let me know'

I stared at my screen, hoping for an answer, but like always I waited.

(Micheal❤) @11:57am
'Of course love, where do you want too meet up? If youd like we can go to your favorite restaurant, and get our usuals♡'

(Y/n) @11:58am
'Really?💕"

(Micheal❤) @11:58am
'Of course love, anything to see that pretty smile of yours❤'

I smiled, as dumb as Michael is, he sure is a sweetheart. I sent an agreement text, saying I'd be there soon.

I placed on a nice enough outfit, some red converse, Jean's, and a nice light red and orange sweater.  I glanced at myself in the mirror, not caring about the stray hairs that decided against how I styled it. Grabbing my bag I dashed out the door, and made my way too the restraunt.

In all honesty, I probably should have worn a sweater, or at least an extra one, the September breeze felt good, but too an extent.

As I walked down the street, I scrolled through my notifications.

Snapchat- swipe
Instagram- swipe
William- swipe
Tumblr- swi-

Wait william? I quickly opened my chat log and found it

William- 1 new message
'You look even more gorgeous then when we met, love<3'

I stopped dead in my tracks, holding my phone close, rereading the message 3 times over. He thinks I'm gorgeous? No one has called me that before..not even Micheal.

I brushed it off as him being friendly too his sons best friend, clicked off my phone and raced to my destination.

●●●

Micheal had greeted me sweetly, once again handing me his coat, and ordered our usual.

For me it was a philly cheesesteak sandwich, while he ordered a plate of mac'n'cheese. Every time we came we would both split our meals, ending up with half a sandwich and a side of macaroni.

Most people thought it was weird, I thought of it as a form of bonding, something only we shared.

Micheals pov
Her eyes stayed glued too the page, trying her best to understand the fifth step of our essay. She kept asking for help but, I insisted she attempt one last time before I interviened.

She looked cold, a slight shiver, but that's what most would guess on a day like this. They wouldn't bother looking at the way her shoulders tensed, how her eyes flickered every so often to the person walking towards our table. She was nervous, this usually never happened, but seeing as it was cooler today then normal, people would step in, searching for the warmth of the establishment.

She jittered a bit, she was nervous. I slowly extended my arm and took hold of her hand, as It subtly jolted at my touch.

She exhaled, she was holding her breath. I hated it when she was nervous, she barely touched her food, and couldn't concentrate. I gently ran my thumb over her knuckles, it always worked, with my free hand I scooped a small spoonful of her macaroni and fed it too her. She always lost her focus when she was really focused, weather it be the people around her or the assignment.

She opened her mouth slightly, taking the cheese flavored pasta, as I continued too feed her.

I'm glad I have her...she means so much too me. I'd never trade this for the world.

●●●

Y

our pov

Micheal began paying for the food as I waited by the entrance. There had been small gumball machines, aligning the wall, some filled with sweets, and others with plastic toys.

...

I watched as he kneeled in front of me ,Micheal placed the two coins into the slot and turn the knob. A large plastic ball came out, containing a small blue alien, and handed it too me.

"Dang you already have the blue one" he whined handing it too me. I giggled at his childish antics, "I still love it Mike".

I blushed opening the capsule and pulling it out, stowing him away into my pocket. "Why, you already have like three darling" he chastised, as he stood and took his hand in mine.

"I know, but they're from you, so I love them" I smiled. Laughing he pulled me outside into the bitter evening wind. "Gosh, it must've dropped when we were inside" I grunted as I checked my phone. 6:57pm.

"At least we were productive right?" He smiled, pressing a kiss into my temple. Nodding briefly, I noticed a familiar car pull up too the curb, as Micheal led me with our intertwined fingers.

"Thanks dad" he shouted, as the wind picked up, guiding me into the backseat, and taking my bag.

After settling our bags in the trunk, he occupied the opposite backseat with me, allowing the cars heater to consume us.

"God its freezing out there" Micheal whined. William chuckled, adjusting his mirror, and frowned as he took notice of you in micheals sweater.

Not wanting to out himself ,he simply nodded and handed me and the boy some heating pads for our hands. Micheals fingers never left mine.

"Hey, sweetheart would you like to come over for dinner tonight?" He smiled. I smiled, ready to accept the offer but As soon as this was mentioned, micheals grip seemed too have stiffen, as he shot his father a dangerous subtle glare.

I got the message, his home is no place for me. I'm just a friend, sure were close. But...
...
...
...
"I'm not...I'm not diana.." I whimpered...

Michels gaze softened, he knew (y/n) loved him, and they were best friends. if anything changed between them, he was afraid he would ruin what they have now. He understood he was impulsive, and attempted to change many times prior bit too no avail.

He could hurt her over and over, she would come back, and he never wanted to put her through that. He stared at her, an ache somewhere on his face, but unable to pinpoint it.

William was halted at a stop light, he stared into the fragile girls eyes, as they stayed at her feet.

Oh how he desperately wanted too see her smile, it was his favorite thing after all. Seeing children and adults alike smile with laughter, it was what he based his entire corporation on as a whole.

"..can you please take me home Mr.Afton..?" I choked.

The man simply nodded and turned onto the main road. (Y/n) had untangled her fingers from Micheal gently, to stare out the window.

...

As they arrived at the (l/n) household, no one came to open her door, both men too troubled by her expresionless features to tear their gaze away from her.

...

I took off micheals sweater, and handed it back too him, thanking him briefly before stepping out if the car. "Thank you william" I smiled sweetly he returned it. I waved them off, as I headed inside

"I'm not diana..." I whispered to myself...