Mae, I met a nice guy today.

~Perth pov~

The first thing I told Mae when I came home was this.

"Mae, I met a nice guy today."

To which she replied, "Oh? Who is it?"

"His name is Saint, I bumped into him outside my company building before practice. Mae, what's wrong? Why did you drop the spoon?"

  She immediately turned off the stove, washed her hands and forced me to sit on the couch. Frantically checking my body as if she's scared I got hurt.

"Does your head hurt?"

"No..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes..."

"Really really sure?"

"Mae... I'm fine. Nothing bad happened, why would my head hurt?"

"B-because you said... You met a Saint. Saint, that name- I-"

  Rubbing her back to calm her down, "Mae, calm down. Yes, his name is Saint, but that's all there is to it. Is he someone bad? If he is then I'll cancel the meal appointment and give a free meal coupon to him instead."

"You what? You invited him to a meal?! Wait hold on, what's his first name. Did you ask?"

  I shook my head, I didn't ask because I didn't feel the need to.

"Then, ask him when you meet him again. Let me see his LINE id or phone number, I need to check his identity."

  Why is she being like this? She's never done this before. Is it the name Saint? I had no choice but to give it to her. She did a couple cross checks with her own contacts and then gasped. Then she just shakily gave me back my phone before going back to making dinner with a slightly pale complexion.

  I heard her mumbling things to herself but I didn't really understand it so I just let it go and went upstairs to bathe.

P: Does lunch at xxx this Sunday sound
good? I have a free day that day.

S: Sure

P: What time are you free then?

S: Anytime until 3pm, I have something to do after.

~Sunday~

  When I got there to the local restaurant, he was already there. His outfit was different, more casual. The last time I saw him he wore office clothes, the necklace was tucked beneath the shirt but today it was hanging freely outside.

  After we ordered our food, I started chatting with him since he seemed a bit nervous to do so.

"Hi, good afternoon. You look like you got some sleep."

"Not really, it's just makeup. I can't let my mum see me in that state."

"You're visiting your mum after this?"

"Yeah... gotta pay her bills too. Then bring her over to my apartment."

"She's moving out? Oh, sorry. I'm probably asking too much."

"It's okay, I'm fine with sharing it. She's discharging from the hospital, her treatment was successful so she's all better now. I have to clear some room for her though, I don't think my apartment is big enough for two."

"I see that you wore the necklace again, how long have you had it for?"

"This necklace is from someone very special, I've had it for more than ten years now..."

  The way he speaks of the necklace and the other person with so much warmth and longing in his eyes. It bothers me.

  But I don't have any rights on him. We literally just met a few days ago, why am I becoming like this?

"Then... where are they now?"

  Shit, bad question. I can see the hurt swimming in those dark orbs of his.

"He... left when we were young. He probably forgot all about me already. It's stupid right? I'm hanging on to someone who forgot about me and my existence."

  Our food came and we ate in silence. I didn't continue asking things, scared that I'll hurt his feelings even more, until what Mae said reminded me. Get his first name, if you can the full name.

"What's your full name? Sorry if it's sudden but my mum kind of wants to know..."

"Suppapong Udomkaewkanjana. It's okay, my mum would probably do the same if I told her I met someone new."

  He looks down at his watch, it was reaching half past two. "Gotta go, thanks for the meal Perth."

  For some reason, staring at his quickly retreating back, an image of a small boy running off into his house overlapped.