Extra: Ice Cream

Kit: I'm going to very slowly fill in the memory recalling scenes. They may or may not have specific order. For those who already read finish b4 this extra comes out, you can check back once in a while for a new extra.

Published: 11 Nov 2020

------

S: Hey uh... Do you wanna hang out?

S: I mean if you're too busy or if I'm bothering you it's okay if you don't want to

P: Sure! My schedule isn't that packed that I can't spend time with my friend 😉

S: Oh! Thanks then. But er, friend? Me?

P: Of course, Phi. You're my friend ever since our first lunch together :)

S: Gee, that's an honour ☺

P: I'll meet you tomorrow in front of the company building?

S: Sure thing.

P: Oh, I got to go Phi. My manager is calling for me. Bye!

S: See you.

-The next day-

  Perth just finished his practice with his band for the day, right now he is heading down to their meeting point. He was planning on messaging his new friend since the other's workplace was a few minutes away. But now, seeing the familiar back view of the figure in front of him, he guessed that he didn't need to send the message he typed out on his way down anymore. "Ow! P'Saint, what a coincidence that you're here already. I was going to message you to come down from your building."

  Saint turned around and for a moment, Perth thought he saw a slow mo scene with angelic rays of light in the background. How could one look so beautiful and cute when they just came from a chaotic workplace? Maybe he would never get an answer for that.

  Saint replies with a wide smile on his face, "Oh, Perth you're here. I was going to call you, I ended work early today so I spent some time waiting to separate my mind from work." Saint would never admit that he knew Perth's schedule today by heart and rushed everything his boss gave him, while keeping up quality work of course, just to get here before the guitarist's practice ended.

  "Then where should we go? You said you wanted to hang out." At this question, Saint's face lit up. It also seemed as if his eyes were sparkling. "Ice cream! I've been craving that since weeks ago but it's lonely having it alone and I didn't have time for it."

"You have no one to go with?" Perth got curious, does he have no friends?

"Hm? No, not really, I've pretty much been a loner since years back. My ex-classmates are too busy with life to entertain me so yeah."

"That friend of yours was your only friend?" Saint nodded while he slowly tidied up his bag as he continued the conversation.

"Okay, let's go! There's a place I always go to, every time I go there's a photo to take because that place is just beautiful."

-At the Café-

  They found a table and placed their bags down, plus Perth's guitar case. The Café was rather empty, nice ambience and decorations, the background music was relaxing. It was perfect for relaxing after a long day at work. Perth took note of the name of the place and made a mental note to come here often, it was just 20 minutes away from the company building and in the direction of his apartment too.

  Saint takes a menu and places it in front of the younger man. "Perth, do you want to see what they have?" However, Perth didn't look at it, just told Saint to surprise him with something.

  As Saint was ordering the ice cream and waiting for the employee to scoop them out, Perth was not idle. Well, his eyes weren't. They were focused on the angel in front of him, light smile, soft looking skin and a casual outfit. He was very sure that the elder changed his clothing while waiting for him.

  Unknown to where it came from, he entered a trance and instead of grown up Saint, he saw a younger boy ordering ice cream from a street vendor. Cheerfully thanking the auntie while handing over the dollar notes then taking the peppermint and vanilla cup. Briskly walking towards his direction, shouting slightly a sentence to him.

"Perth! I got your favourite, peppermint ice cream!"

"Yay! Thank you na, you always know what I like!"

  But what's his name? The little boy who bought him ice cream? Why can't he remember?

  He was brought back into reality by the rapid movement in front of his face, Saint was waving his hand to check if he was okay. "You okay? You were in a daze."

  "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the ice cream." He looks down, it was peppermint ice cream, his favourite. "Oho, you know what I like. Are you a fan since you also seem to know my schedule?" He was just joking but seeing the elder's face turn pink was probably the best thing he saw today.

  "Crazy! No, of course not. I was just lucky that's all." Saint had vanilla ice cream with mini marshmallows as decoration. Weird, how is it the same as that?

Coincidence. Must be a coincidence.

"Hey, why do you have marshmallows? Where's mine?"

"Ow, I thought you wouldn't want them. Besides, who eats marshmallows with peppermint?" Saint was busy eating his ice cream, not looking up at all. So he didn't see that Perth took a picture and fiddled with his phone before starting on his dessert.

----
Photo: Focused on Perth's cup, Saint's head in background blurred slightly. (No tag)
Caption: He told me that he wasn't a faen 🍨

Kidding 🤪 Phi is my friend 555
(Note: He purposely wrote 'faen' like this in English, everything else in Thai.)

Comments 9.3k

Show more
----