Extra: I Remember

Kit: Hi guys, this is officially the end of OFM. Thank you everyone who reads the extras and shows support.

I'm going to start a series of fanfics that happen in the same universe, holy trinity included. Please look out for those if you're interested :)

But thank you again everyone who went on this journey with me and my version of Perth and Saint. Hope you enjoy this last update of OFM <3

Oh, and happy new year everyone ^-^

Published: 4 Jan 2021

------

  Perth felt his heart drop to the floor.

No. You can't leave me...

  "He just... I'm scared that he'll get in trouble because he keeps getting into trances and I don't want him dying because of me... Just the other day he almost forgot an important event because we were hanging out and there was even a time when he lost focus while driving!" Saint was really trying not to cry but somehow the tears just squeezed through his barriers.

  Perth's mom knew she could not do anything to change the mind of Saint but still, she tried. "Saint... is there not a better way? Can't you two talk it out?"

"Mae, I can't anymore. I rather go back to how it was than to slowly kill myself with worry that he might die because of me."

"Then... I can do nothing, just make sure to visit once in a while okay?"

  Saint hugged the lady before he left, closing the door with a silent click.

  Perth was still there at the stairs. He couldn't believe what just happened.

He- He left. Just like that? No goodbye?

  His knees gave up on him, leaving him sitting on the stairs head down, birthday card still in his hands.

Two weeks later

"Luk... are you okay?"

"Perth, you look tired, do you want to take leave?"

"Perth... are you sure you can continue?"

  Everyone was concerned about him. His Mae. His friends, his fans. His manager, even fellow artists in his company. They saw his current state and they were very worried. He was never like this. Not with a dejected aura, heavy panda eyes and low energy level.

  He was sure his manager and friends noticed it, that he was not with Saint anymore. The angel was not guarding him anymore.

  His air.

  Saint was the air Perth breathed, he absolutely needed him in his life. He needed Saint around to feel alive.

  He was sad, sad that there was no goodbye.

  Angry, angry at the fact that Saint did not bother to confront him with his decision.

  But mostly he was disappointed, not in Saint but himself. Disappointed that he never realised he loved the man who crawled silently into his heart. That he forgot Saint. That he doesn't have the courage to go up to him and hug him. That he didn't move that day to stop him from leaving.

  That he just couldn't find the right words to phrase how sorry he was.

*Ding*

Mae: Luk, I'm going out with a friend but dinner is on the table. Just reheat it, don't eat it cold.

Mae: You have to eat okay?

Perth: Krub Mae... have fun outside.

----

  When Perth got home, he put down his guitar and started heating up the food. But while he was slowly eating, he heard the door open silently. It couldn't have been his mother since she went out not long ago but who else had the keys?

  He looked up cautiously at the intruder, only to freeze for a second.

  Saint.

  His Saint.

  Saint, who thought Perth was asleep, realised he was fooled by Perth's Mae and started to turn around to leave the house.

  Unfortunately for him, the key decided to get stuck in the keyhole, which caused his escape to delay.

"Saint! Wait, don't leave!" Perth grabbed the chance and rushed to trap Saint in his arms.

  Feeling the warmth that they missed for the past few weeks, they sank into a comfortable yet awkward silence.

"I'm sorry." Both of them spoke at the same time.

"Y-you go first..."

"Right... Perth, I'm sorry I left. I know it was selfish of me to leave without saying anything to you. I don't need you to forgive me, I just want to know that you are happy, safe and alive."

  After saying this, he tried to leave but Perth's hug got tighter. "Saint... I'm sorry, really really sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't remember you, I'm sorry that despite all your efforts to try and make me remember, all I did was make you worry. I'm sorry that you had to go through all those years by yourself without me there beside you. I'm sorry that I broke our promise. I'm sorry for everything that I did wrong in those decades that we were separated."

  Finally hearing what he wanted to hear after years of wishing upon shooting stars, Saint could not help but let his tears flow. He remembered him. Perth finally remembered him.

"Don't cry... I'm sorry... Tell me where it hurts, I'll kiss it better..."

"Ha -hic- Perth you dummy..."

"Yes, I'm a dummy. I'm your dummy who loves you the most in the whole wide world..."

"Stupid... I love you too..."

  They stayed in each other's arms for a while, enjoying the silent night, before a grumble disrupts the peace. "Well, someone's hungry. Come on, let's share Mae's food."

After dinner

  They are now on Perth's comfy bed after Perth took a bath and were cuddling. Saint was about to fall asleep listening to Perth's steady heartbeat.

"So were you sneaking in to check on me or to stare at this handsome face while I'm asleep?"