Imbecile

The cashiers eyes glanced between the Misty and Ash, his eyes narrowing at the sight of Ash. His face frowned slightly and he put his phone down.

"Ah, Misty so glad to see you here again, what can I do for you this time?" He asked, the frown disappeared instantly and was replaced by a yellow tinted but still large smile. His brown eyes were dark, almost capturing all light that hit it. His phone runged and the screen lit up with a yellow hue.

Ash's eyes scanned the screen and noticed multiple yellow icons. He guess that it was a Snapchat notification and his guess was affirmed when he read Snapchat. The notification name read out Easy Love, his eyes furrowed at that and they returned to the cashier and Misty.

"Nothing other than me getting this" She stated hurriedly. Her hand below the counter twitched slightly and her breathing grew slightly shallower. Her pupils contracted and she gave a quick glance to Ash.

Ash's breathing grew heavier and his body shook slightly, fingers curling into a loose fist. He let out a deep breath and let the baritone in his voice take over.

"Sir, could you please scan the item, she needs them and I wouldn't want take up any more of your time" Ash said deeply, his voice ringing across the counter and reverberating through Misty's chest. Her breathing slowed and she grabbed a hold of Ash's hand below the counter. Ash made no indication of her interaction until a second later. He squeezed it softly and kept his eyes on the cashier.

"Haha, of course of course, you know she could take up all of my time but I know you two are in a hurry" The cashier replied, his eyes broke from Ash's glare and he fumbled with the scanner. His fingers trembled as he scanned the item and swiftly shoved the box into Misty's free hand. Ash grunted, the cashier took the box back and lightly pressed it into her hand.

Misty held it and her head tilted slightly and glanced between the cashier and Ash. She began to let go of her grip on Ash's hand but he held firm and nearly dragged her towards the door. Her gaze shot back to the cashier who's shoulder huddled lowly and eyes stared deeply at the counter.

"Ash, we still need to pay" Misty whispered as Ash opened the door and motioned for her to exit.

"No we don't after that display of behavior, that cashier won't be working there another day" Ash said, voice raising slightly towards the end. His brown eyes thinned while staring forwards towards the distant and brightly lit skyscrapers. They returned to her wide eyes and he loosened his grip around her hands.

"Don't worry, you won't have to deal with him any longer"

-------------------------