Inattentive

"So Gary what's your favorite food" Misty asked, her fork twirled around a few pieces of pasta and she tucked a spoon under them. Bringing the utensils up she inserted the fork into her mouth and chewed in a refined manner. Her choice of attire was a modest knee length dress. All blue with only hints of orange embroidery, the dress matched her eyes. Her heels were pumps that gave her an extra four inches. Why not dress to impress on a first date was her conclusion.

His gaze was on her, eyes darting to every part of her body that he could see. They quickly came back up and stared blankly towards her. Refocusing, his jade eyes sparkled and he took a hand and placed it on hers which rested on the table.

"Well I'd like to be honest with you but I'm not sure if you'll like my answer" Gary replied, eyes shining and holding a bold twinge to them. His hand clasp firmly around hers and he squeezed softly. His skin was smooth, she noted, but didn't hold the same silky qualities that Ash did.

"It would be nice if we'd be honest with each other from the get go Gary" She said holding a thin smile. Her blue eyes seemed distant to Gary and didn't focus on his eyes. He squeezed her hand a little harder and got her eyes to focus on his.

"To be completely honest, I'd like to make you my-"

His sentence was stopped as a waiter came. The waiter noted that the lady's expression was pensive and that the man was leering at the lady.

"Excuse would the gentleman like to come to the bar and pick out a closing drink for the two of you" The waiter asked. His tone sharp and a bit harsh to Gary's standards, however Gary complied and let go of Misty's hand, standing up to follow the waiter. Another waiter snaked around behind and made herself apparent to Misty.

"I couldn't help but notice that you're uncomfortable, would you like to make a call for a friend or a taxi" The waitress asked. Her tone was soft and held a mature tone to it. She waited a few seconds and held a pen and paper to Misty.

"Here, write a number down and I'll call it and ask whoever is on the other line to come pick you up, I'd recommend that you stay inside if possible but if you can't please stay safe" She finished. She stared at Misty and motioned to the pen on the table. Misty took the pen, wrote down a number and handed paper to the waitress.

"This is a friend of mine, ask him to pick me up outside this restaurant" Misty said, bowing her head slightly towards the waitress. She waited until the waitress was gone and glance back up to see Gary holding a large smile and a bottle of wine. He came to the table and began to pour the wine into two glasses on their table.

"This is just Moscato d'Asti and the alcohol content isn't very high" Gary said as he finished pouring. The glass was filled three fourths of the way to the top and held a dark complexion. Gary held the glass up and beckoned with his head towards Misty's glass.

"Isn't this quite a large pour, aren't we supposed to have less in the glass especially since we've already-"

"It's okay, the content is extremely low and I'm sure you can handle this much" Gary cutoff with an uneasy smile. Misty grabbed her glass and lightly clinked it against his, she took a sip and was bombarded with an enticingly sweet taste. She continued to sip on the wine while Gary lightly sipped on his glass.

"This is really good Misty, once you're finished have another glass, I'm sure with all the food that you'll be fine having some more" He said. He picked up a glass of water and sipped it before placing it down and picking up the classy looking wine bottle. He tapped the table and Misty stopped drinking the wine. She wanted this day to be over and god was this wine helping her forget Ash and his stupid suggestion to go on a date with Gary.

Stupid Stupid Ash, oh wow things are getting a bit woozy here

-------------------------