Feelings suck

"There you are!"

Cleo looked over her shoulder at the call that she knew was for her, seeing a panting Ollie. "I-I've been looking all over for you, you kinda ran off at lunch."

"Hmm," she nodded, continuing her work as Ollie took his seat, throwing a piece of paper onto his desk for today's bell ringer.

"Are you mad at me?" He blurted after 14 seconds of silence, unable to endure with the guilt that he might've done something wrong. Cleo gave him a side glance.

"No."

"How come you're being so quiet then?"

"Maybe because I just want to be quiet? Ever thought of that?" Came her snarky reply, slouching in her seat as she practically scrubbed the pencil against the paper.

"That's something an angry Cleo would saaayyy..." He sing-songed, the purple-haired friend groaning irritation. "C'mon, you're mad at me, aren't you? What'd I do?"

"Nothing, Ollie. Nothing."

"That doesn't sound like nothing. Sounds like something to me."

"Ollie!"

"What?! I'm just trying to make up for what I did to make you mad!"

"I'm not mad at you, so drop it!"

"Allen? Badette?"

The two-shot up as the looked towards the front of the lab, meeting the eyes of a bothered Mr. Pandey. "Is there something wrong back there?"

Ny'Kiriyana wiped her hot Cheeto dust-covered fingers on her jeans before blurting to the class, "They're just experiencing a little bump in their relationship because Ollie called Cleo a friend. Mmm-mmm-MMM, being so extra just to try to hide a relationship that everybody knows about. Mmm."

"No way, you're dating him?" The black-haired Asian kid- who I'll name Zach, turned around in his seat, his expression stuck with doubt. "But... I thought he was seeing Ivy?"

The mentioned girl raised a brow at Zach, flipping through a science textbook. She remained quiet, knowing that getting involved would just be a waste of time.

"We're not a couple, Zach," Cleo muttered, twirling the pencil around in her fingers and lowering at Ollie. "He's more like a brother to me than anything else. I'd never date him."

Her words sounded cold, even colder than Ivy. That when he knew that he had messed up...he just didn't know how he did it. He left her alone after that statement, not wanting to make things worse. (And mostly because- for some weird reason- he the statement sort of stung. He didn't know why considering that he didn't have any feelings for her. Maybe it was just her tone of voice.)

"Oh boy...listen, I don't have a problem with flirting, I don't have a problem with holding hands, I don't either have a problem with kisses. But anything other than that, like arguments and MwAh-MuAh, keep it out of school, would ya? Now, if everything is settled, can I please do my job? Or am I going to have to separate the two of you?"

"We're good." Cleo rolled her eyes, resting her head in her right palm.

"What she said," Ollie confirmed, grabbing a pencil out of his boot. It was much more convenient than getting one from his pack. The blank piece of paper Cleo handed to him earlier hung off of the corner of his desk. Did he thank her for it? He didn't think so. He'd do it now, but...well, y' know. He somehow managed to get himself in an...argument? Were they arguing? He wasn't mad at Cleo, believe it or not. He was mildly annoyed at the very least, even with the fact that she almost had his crush revealed. He didn't remember saying anything rude in the hallway, nevermind offensive or insensitive. So then, why was she giving him the cold shoulder?