The most random thing that's ever coming out of this story

Film club was starting to get boring lately. It was a sentence that the teenagers would never believe, but it happened. What else was there to do? They watched about every movie that they liked three times each. They've talked about every subject that they could talk about. Sure, they could try something else, like catch, but they knew that would be too dangerous with Ollie in the room. Eventually, he would treat catch as a sport and yeet the ball with ungodly speed. That meant that they truly had nothing to do.

On a Monday, near the end of school, Bernie and Cleo sat in the room in boredom as they waited for Ollie. Cleo was reading a comic about a mayonnaise with crippling depression, while Bernie aimlessly played with a toy car on the table.

And then, out of nowhere, Ollie exploded into the room, a wide grin plastered onto his face. As loud and aggressive as the redhead could possibly get, he began to shout.

"I FOUND A THING!"

He closed the door and ran over to the table, Bernie quickly moving out of the way. The 13-year-old took the pack off of his shoulders and opened it (The normal way, not the potentially destructive way). Then, he shook it vigorously, dumping random objects onto the table.

"You found what?" Bernie asked with slight interest.

"I was walking though the halls and I saw Lily, and she... she dropped her phone, right? And so I gave it back to her, and then she gave me-"

"The point, Ollie. Get to it." Cleo said impatiently.

"Fine! I found something, I wanted to give it to you guys. Like a gift, if you want to call it that."

"There's a lot of smarties in there," Bernie noted, brushing around the mess. "Why are they all crushed up?"

"I bet he snorts them when we're not around," Cleo joked. Little did she know...

"W-what? No, I don't...MMM, so where's that gift?"

He hummed aimlessly as he continued to search. Cleo was tapping her foot and subtly looking at the clock on the wall, while Bernie closely investigated those smartie wrappers.

Seriously, there was a lot of powder.

"Ah, found it!"

Ollie balled his hands into fists and placed them behind his back. He didn't want his friends to see it, not just yet.

"What is it, Oll?" Bernie asked, tapping his fingers on the table in excitement.

"Yeah, c'mon! Show, child, show." Cleo encouraged rather aggressively.

"Drumroll, please!"

Cleo and Bernie then proceeded to give the table a big fat heaping of physical abuse. Ollie slowly revealed his hands and placed them out in front.

"Ta-da-da-da-da-daaaaa!"

It was...air?

Air?

They waited for five minutes for air?!

"What the hell, Ollie?" Cleo scolded.

"Um... there's nothing there." Bernie chuckled softly.

"My hands aren't the gift, you guys," Ollie scoffed as if the answer was obvious. "Come on! Think a little outside the box!"

"But there's nothing there!" Bernie went into a midlife crisis.

"This isn't you being an annoying prick again, is it?" Cleo asked in a motherly tone, a tone that only she could pull off. With a SpongeBob looking grin, Ollie shook his head.

"Then what..." Cleo gasped when she finally figured it out. Ollie let out a strange noice of excitement.

"Yeah, yeah?!"

"Oh my gosh... dude...no, no, you didn't!" Cleo laughed in disbelief and flattery. Bernie still didn't understand.

"What?"

"Bernie... we're the gifts! Aww, Ollie, you big softie!" Cleo threw her arms around the redhead, overjoyed at his wholesome message.

"That was really nice of you, O! Suddenly I'm not so sad anymore..." Bernie said, placing a hand on his chest. Ollie smirked.

"It's just a natural superpower of mine, Bern. A-alright, Cleo, you're elbow's in my stomach..."

"Sorry."

They broke apart, and Ollie began to explain the motive behind his actions.

"Anyway, we were bored, right? So I figured that I'd spark things up a bit today! I wanted to give you guys something since it's just a month 'til Christmas, but I wasted all my money on macaroni. Pyper has problems. So I didn't have anything physical to give you, but then I remembered that you can also give things from the heart... I think. So that's when I came up with this awesome plan! Ahh, yes."

He finished with a confident fold of the arms.

"I take it that you guys totally loved it?"

"I loved it until you kept talking, if that counts," Cleo admitted with a small smile. "But that was so wholesome, Ollie. Thank you."

"You're welcome!"

The bell rang, meaning that 7th period was finally over. The three friends were surprised at how fast time flew.

"Well, that went quickly." Cleo said, gathering her stuff.

"Yeah, it felt more like 20 minutes than an hour." Bernie agreed, doing the same.

"See, I knew that would work! Oh, I'm riding car today, you guys wanna hitch along?" Ollie informed as they walked out the door.

"What about our bikes?" Cleo reminded.

"Throw 'em in the back, they'll fit."

"In that case, I'm down for a free ride! Race you guys outside!"

Without even stating a countdown, Cleo sped out of the room, down the hallway, and out of the school in only 15 seconds. Forget those other two things, though. She didn't do a countdown.

How disrespectful.

"I'm riding shotgun anyway, so I don't see why she's running." Ollie shrugged, he and Bernie walking casually in the halls. Bernie scoffed.

"Really? How can you be so sure?"

"Uh... it's my car! Duh!"

"Basically, it's your mom's car-"

"Yeah, my mom. So I'm riding shotgun, simple as that."

"Doubt it. Cleo and I are probably halfway there by now."

"But you're here with-"

Bernie zipped off as well, leaving his backpack behind to obtain more speed.

"SHOTGUN!" He cried to the top of his lungs.

"It's my car! Stop, it's my car! I-I gave you guys a present! Ungrateful, little... I'm not picking up your bag!"

Seeing that it would've been stupid for him to walk at this point, he ran after them. He was riding shotgun no matter what.

____________________

I was watching ENA. That's all I have to say about this.