15. Strings

Jungkook's (POV)

"Taehyung this better not be some kind of sick joke." Even having said that, I myself didn't fully not believe him.

I couldn't deny the connection I felt with him but there was one sole fact that was keeping me from believing him.

My beloved is dead.

I turn around looking at Jimin's who's cheeks are now flushed a dark shade of red as he toys with his sleeves.

"No Jungkook trust me, that nickname. It all just came rushing back after that. It brought back memories of the name being mouthed by plump pink lips attached to big chubby cheeks, resting under crescent shaped eyes. I remember there was this one time, you were away for a week or two and when you came back Jimin came running to you throwing himself into your arms as you two embraced.
It's the happiest I had ever seen you, holding him as your eyes crinkled at just how hard you smiled. Telling each other how much you've missed the latter."

I feel my head pound and it comes back,

I had just came back with Hoseok my older brother after surveying the humans, it had been two weeks and I was absolutely exhausted. I felt my feet touch the fluffy clouds and some of the tense in my shoulders relax but then I hear it,

"Kookie~" he comes running towards me eyes shining as my heart beats out of my chest.

I open my arms as a smile makes its way onto my lips as he crashing into me. Picking him up by his thighs I let him rest his forehead against mine as he giggles arms wrapping around my neck.

"Hey love, how are you?" I ask pressing kisses into his face. He giggles even harder and pulls away looking into my eyes as he smiles endearingly.

"I'm much better now that you're back." He says pressing his lips into mine. I melt and hold him tighter.

"Don't worry baby I'll never leave you again."

My eyes water as I dive back down to Jimin holding him in my arms feeling him hold me too.

"B-but he killed him." I say voice cracking as I take in his scent everything seeming too familiar now that I notice it.

"It's him Jungkook. I promise you." Taehyung says looking astonished at the lost looking boy watching the two.

I see Jimin tilt his head giving us a very confused look hand reaching out for my sleeve facing me completely almost asking why with his eyes.

Slowly almost hesitantly he opens his mouth and I hear his voice through fresh ears,

"What's going on?" Voice small and confused.

My eyes widen,

"What's going on Kookie?!" He screams as yoongi holds me back, Jimin was trying to get to me pushing against an invisible force as tears gathered in my eyes.

"T-Taehyung can we p-please have some pr-privacy." I say voice breaking apart as I will tears away looking at Jimin through blurred vision.

"Of course." He turns around as brown wings spur from his back and with a gust of wind he's gone.

Jimin looks back at me his eyebrows furrowing. I want to say something but words escape me. I grab him by the back of his knees and under his arms before letting my wings out and going up into the clouds.