𝟶𝟻. 𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝐺𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑦

Louis' words had been going through Harry's head for the past few days. A week had passed and Louis still sometimes talked to Harry. But nothing deep. It was all just small talk now.

Harry kinda missed the fact that the boy didn't ask that much about his health but noticed Louis never stopped checking in on him. Watching him from a distance and only talking to him on the better days, giving Harry the space he wanted and needed.

It was Friday afternoon when Harry settled down in the music room again. Something he hadn't done in quite a while.

Sitting down behind the piano. Finally playing his feels away as he plays the first few chords of Sorry by Halsey.

The song has been playing in his mind ever since he talked to Louis. Not knowing why exactly. Except for always pushing everyone away. Something he was all too good at.

But what Harry didn't notice was Louis watching him from the little window next to the door.

As Harry let his tears flow and broke down in his second safe space Louis watched him knowing he shouldn't walk in but feeling the urge to hold the curly lad in his arm. To comfort him.

But all he could do is hide behind the door. Listening to the boy breaking down. Making Louis cry too. How he wished he could change Harry's look at the world. At life. At love...

As Harry kept playing he now played Hometown Glory. Like always used to do. It made him happy in a way.

I ain't low I was just wondering
'Round my hometown
Memories are fresh
'Round my hometown
Ooh the people that I've met
Are the wonders of my world

I like it in the city
When the air is so thick and opaque
I love it to see everybody in short skirts, shorts and shades
I like it in the city when tow worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides

You might find it weird that this song brings Harry so much joy. But just wait and see...

Harry played the last notes and with that he left the room. Turning of the lights and locking the door behind him.

He got on his bike and drove to this small local pub. Not knowing Louis followed him there.

"Hi Mark." Harry greeted the man behind the bar.

"Hi Harry. Nice to see you again. It has been a while." He smiles back.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I wanted to come by earlier but didn't find the time." Harry apologizes as he gets out his homework.

He always comes to this place and talks with the local people. Sometimes not even doing his homework and just talking to the lonely old man, the happy young student or the tired single mum and so the list goes on. Harry has heard the most crazy tales in this place. It felt more like home than his own house.

Harry always told his parents he was at a friends but in fact he always went to the pub.

He had seen couples come together. Teenagers secretly meet up because their parents didn't approve. Anything you could imagine he'd seen it happen in the pub and that's what he loved about the place. It was the one thing that sometimes gave him trust in humanity again.

Louis just watched from the corner of the street as he saw Harry sit down on his own. Talking to an old local.

Louis couldn't help but smile at the happy Harry. Not faking his smile for once. Harry looked like he was at his place. Like he felt safe and free.

This was his hometown glory.

___________________________________

☽ 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝❤︎ ☾