Chapter 32 - The Exorcism of Nash Wells

MacKenzie's POV

"I've officially hacked every Quantum Kinematic database on the planet." Cisco says, walking into the cortex with Caitlin and I following. "You know what I found out about Artificial Speed Forces? Thawne built one, and that's it. And I doubt he's gonna tell us seeing how he's Linda Blaired our pal Nash, and you know, he kinda wants to murder the hell out of us."

"If Thawne can figure it out, then so can we." Barry says

"In the meantime, we need to make sure the Flash doesn't lose his powers." Caitlin says. "The Speed Force may be gone, but there's still a residual amount of speed left in your DNA."

"Until we figure out how much, we need to manage your speed output." Cisco says

"How do we do that?" Barry asks

"With this." I say, holding out a watch

"I call it the Speed Gauge." Cisco says

"It will measure the intensity of the velocity you're using by color." Caitlin says as Barry puts the watch on. "So, right now, it's black. That's neutral... means you're not using any speed at all. If you're using a minimal amount, that's green. The yellow is next, then orange, and obviously red is the maximum amount. At this point, I don't recommend operating beyond green. And we're not just talking about running, okay?"

"Speed thinking." Cisco says

"Speed healing." Caitlin adds

"Flash time." I add

"All of these things could deplete your meta-abilities." Caitlin says. "You have to be careful."

"Guys, it's not that simple." Barry says. "I'm supposed to keep the city safe."

"I know." I tell him. "But we're here too." I say with a shrug

"Team Flash!" Nash-Thawne yells from the pipeline cell and the video pops up of him. "It's your pal, Nash. Let me out!"

"Guys, are we sure that's Nash?" Caitlin asks

"Or Thawne playing possum?" Cisco asks

"Let's find out." Barry says

***

"So this Thawne... got the red eyes and vibrates, but he's also a Wells?" Nash says. And it's most likely Nash because of the device we put on his head

"Yeah. That's him." Barry says, sharing a confused look with us. "How did you..."

"I've been seeing a lot of Wells lately." Nash says. "I mean, up here." He says, pointing to his head. "A lot. I don't know how many there are, but the wizard Wells, annoying. French Wells...New York City Wells... actually he's all right. And then Harry Wells."

"Nash, Harry's dead." Cisco says. "They're all dead."

"Hey, guys?" Caitlin calls to us from where she was standing with her tablet. "I think you should see this."

"Let... come on. Let me out!" Nash yells

"So, at first glance, Nash's brainwaves seem totally normal." Caitlin says, showing us the tablet. "No anomalies or inconsistencies. But when I take a look at them in 3D, it appears that there are multiple brainwaves intricately tangled together."

"Woah..." I whisper, looking at the 3D DNA

"When the Multiverse collapsed in Crisis all of the Wellses must have channeled into the only surviving doppelganger." Barry says

"Multiple psyches camped out in Nash's brain." Cisco says. "It's like Tyler Durden times a thousand."

"Tyler Durden. Great reference." Nash says. "First rule of fight club is..."