Chapter 16

Author here!

Here's another update since I mass uploaded last time! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this story. Adieu~ 

_______________________

Minerva

The atmosphere here inside her unit was quite heavy. It made me wonder if she was angry about the girl who confessed to me. I helped myself down the sofa while leaving my small backpack where my spare clothes are placed also down the sofa.

Seeing that Venus still hasn't spoken a word. I felt my body tensed in a rather nervous way. I played with my toes as the both of us settled on the sofa. Recalling how excited my parents and my brother were when I told them that I'm going to stay over at Venus's unit. Just thinking how my parents were so happy makes me cry especially since they're excited that I would finally get to experience staying over at a friend's house. Little did they know that the atmosphere is heavy.

"Hey, are we fine?" I asked, looking at Venus.

I felt my heart starting to race out of nervousness. I clasped my hands together to comfort myself.

"No, I'm fine," She smiled.

Venus then stood up.

I opened my mouth and unexpectedly said, "I rejected her,"

"Come on let's make dinner. It's not going to make itself after all,"

I felt a smile form on my face. I happily skip over the kitchen to help prepare dinner with Venus — or so I thought. Apparently she wasn't such a good cook and could only whip up scramble eggs and prepare rice. I was unable to contain my laughter which earned me a pout and furrowed eyebrows from her.

"I'll cook for you don't worry-still you do look cute with that pout," I said as I rolled my sleeves to get ready to fry some breaded chicken. Tonight's menu would be chicken curry cullet after all.

"Whatever," She said in an irritated tone as she moved to the other side to watch the rice cooker do its job.

I was about to open my mouth to apologize, when I saw her flustered cheeks. I shook my head and focused on heating up the pan. No matter how I told myself repeatedly not to have my hopes up, I could feel my cheeks cramping, caused by the wide smile on my face.

After perfectly plating the food, I finally gave into Venus and sat on the dining chair. Her glare is scaring me after all. One might say that I'm paying too much attention in plating the dishes I make, but for me, it's one of the most satisfying thing to do.

"Hey, it's done! It's done. Stop glaring at me too much," I said smiling confidently at her that I really am done plating the chicken curry cullets.

"You really put effort in plating the chicken cullets huh? Are you alway like this?" Venus asked, filled with curiosity on her face.

"Yeah, I do," I answered.

Even my brother who loves me dearly would sometimes get annoyed at me — when he's starving of course.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have glared at you. You clearly love making dishes after all. I was just starving. Sorry again," Venus said smiling at me.

Well that was a surprise. Cooking wasn't really my passion. It's the face of satisfaction on people's faces, in this case my family and her that makes me want to perfect my cooking skills. Furthermore, my plating style isn't really about the looks — only partly. It's more how the mixture of the sauce and the dish would emit the best taste.

As I was just about to lift my spoon, Venus suddenly screamed 'Delicious' and looked at me with her eyes shining brightly.

I laughed a little and began to eat mine.

"You weren't actually plating it. You were finding the best option for the sauce and the chicken to mix in well and have this perfect taste, aren't you Minvera?" Venus asked.

"Bingo. Now come on let's eat. It won't be delicious as it is now if it gets cold," I simply said as I fed myself another spoonful of rice with a bit of curry sauce.

After hearing what I said, Venus quickly shoved another spoonful of rice and chicken cullet inside her mouth. I just felt myself happy as I lifted my spoon to eat again.

Aren't like an old married couple?

I like the sound of that.

***

I dried my hair as Venus was sitting comfortable on the bed, ready to watch a horror film. Venus's room size was similar to mine. Quite huge if I might add. The Television screen was already on. Venus might have been excited to watch the horror film. Oh, if only she knew how I'm not able to handle horror movies. My body stiffened and my palms became sweaty when she told me that there's a horror movie that she's been meaning to watch.

I wonder how I will be able to sleep peacefully at night when my mind would play tricks on me, making me mistake my lamp for a ghost.

I comforted myself with sweet words. I sat beside Venus and glanced at her. When I saw her sparkling eyes, I forced myself to play confident. I might be able to survive this after all.

Venus smiled happily as she started the horror movie. Every second into the movie felt like hours. I was playing with my hands in order to sidetrack my thoughts. The first part of the movie had me sweating like a freak. I tried to calm myself down when some random skeleton jumped out from the screen while the characters were watching a comedy show.

I jumped out of the bed and landed on my but when I heard a sudden noise, which turns out to be coming from Venus's smartphone. I looked up at Venus with my face extremely flustered. It looks like a devil is with me. Venus was amused by my actions. She picked up her phone which lasted for a few minutes.

I helped myself back on the bed and asked, " Who was that?" I asked.

"Violet. She was quite jealous when we didn't invite them. We probably should hold a sleepover at your house with our friends. I can't wait to see you be teased by Mars," Venus said, cheekily.

I stayed silent. My mind wasn't functioning properly because what I said next really is stupid of me.