Chapter 25

Minerva

My head is spinning, I feel dizzy. My body feels heavy as if I'm carrying tons of weight. Droplets of sweat began to form on my forehead. I must have caught a cold and a fever. I should've listened to Venus when she told me not to move closer towards her when we were sharing an umbrella. Better yet, I should have just called my driver to fetch us. Damn those yuri manga that Mars lent me, I was looking forward to a romantic umbrella sharing time with Venus. It wasn't as romantic as I thought. The umbrella I had with me wasn't enough for two people to use. Moreover, the rain was so heavy that we almost got wet because of the droplets of rain. Figures, this is reality after all.

I sneezed. I felt my brain being jiggled around inside my skull. I whipped my nose with a tissue paper and tucked myself comfortably in bed again. My body felt hot. I wonder what Venus is up to.

Venus

I felt my mind wander elsewhere — finding it hard to concentrate. I looked at my left and there I saw, an empty seat beside me. Minerva sits here. It made me worried. I wonder where she is right now. The fact that she didn't inform me that she wouldn't attend class made me angry yet worried at the same time. A sigh escaped from my lips.

"Is my class that boring, Ms. Bridget?" my teacher asked.

I unexpectedly shot him a glare. He cleared his throat and went back to teaching again. I felt guilty. Knowing that the faculty fears my status, I accidentally used it again to intimidate the teachers. Minerva wouldn't like that.

***

"Have you received a text from Minerva?" I asked Mars.

He might have a clue. The mere thought that Minerva informed Mars made me feel uncomfortable. To my surprise, Mars shook his head.

"Ugh! That Minerva. What is she thinking making her girl worried," Mars scratches his head.

I felt my ears hot. As I thought, I'm still not accustomed to being called Minerva's girl. It's way too embarrassing. Not that I hate it.

"You could visit her after class," Mars stated.

"You don't want to come with me?" I asked.

Mars's eyes widened then a smirk formed from his lips.

"Eh. Don't you want to spend some time with that dear friend of mine," Mars said wiggling his eyebrow.

I felt heat from my cheek. Did he just suggest something lewd?

" I never said anything," Mars winked.

I kind of understand why Minerva always hits him. I wanted to hit him too.

After class I went straight to home, biding my friends goodbye. Mars and Travis have baseball practice. Vulcan and Maxy went with them to the practice. Somehow at the back of my mind, it feels like Vulcan and Mars are an item. I shook my head. My imagination must have gone wild. Violet's with the student council again.

I usually walk home but this time, I asked for my driver. As soon as I arrived home, I changed into my comfortable clothes and ran as fast as I could towards the elevator. After a while I arrived at Minerva's floor. I felt my heart pounding. I clenched my hand and inhaled a deep breath.

I rang the doorbell.

"Oh hello. A friend of Minerva's?" The nanny asked.

I unknowingly nodded. I wonder if I should have told her the truth. Either way, if Minerva had told her, she wouldn't have asked. I bit my cheek. Maybe Minerva wanted to keep our relationship a secret.

"I am. Minerva didn't attend her classes today so I was rather worried," I said politely.

The nanny beamed with a smile.

"Oh! You must be her lover. Come in, come in. She's inside her room. You see, she's got a fever and a cold from yesterday," The nanny said.

I felt my heart warmer. Wait. I sighed. That Minerva. That's why I told her to move closer to me. To think she caught a cold because of her stubbornness. She deserved it.

I went inside. Minerva was lying on her bed, fast asleep. I walked towards her and pinched her nose. It somehow irritated me that she got me worried for nothing.

Minerva wrinkled her nose, cutely. She shrunk inside her blanket. Cute. She looks like a cat. I wanted to hug her. I hope she'll get well sooner. I decided to go to the kitchen and help the nanny prepare a porridge for when Minerva wakes up. Porridge is easy to cook but I really do need to learn more from Minerva when she wakes up. A smile formed from my lips. I can't believe I'm cooking for someone now. She really did stir my feelings.

I brought the porridge inside her room.

"Venus?" Minerva said in a soft voice.

"Can you get up? Time to eat. I was told that you skipped lunch," I said, pretending to be angry.

Minerva wiggles out from her bed and sits up straight slowly.

I fed her spoon by spoon. Oh! How cute she looks, but I still prefer my usual Minerva who is always energetic. I put away the empty bowl of porridge in the sink and came back to feed her medicine. Minerva swallowed the medicine as I told her to. I should check her temperature. I moved closer towards Minerva and felt her forehead on mine. It's not that hot anymore. She'll be better in no time. With that I help a smile forming yet again on my face.

I tucked her in.

"Be sure to get well tomorrow," I said.

"En," Minerva managed to utter.

"I missed you," I said before I closed the door.

I felt my cheeks hot. That was embarrassing.

"Nanny, I'll be going now. Take care of Minerva,"I said before leaving completely.

Not that I remember, I forgot to ask Minerva whether she had told her parents about our relationship or not. Her nanny did know. I'll just have to ask her tomorrow.

I opened the door to my unit with a happy smile on my face and a satisfied feeling. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Author Here!

Don't forget to take a break :))