Chapter 24

Minerva

Finally, after months of enduring the dance classes for my physical education class, we are now playing volleyball. Although, I'm not confident in my skills in volleyball, I guess my athletic abilities might make up for it.

I glanced at Mars who was grinning like crazy. He put his arm on my shoulder smiling at me.

"Glad, dance classes are over! I'd prefer volleyball than dancing," Mars said.

"I suppose. We both suck at dancing," I replied before shooking away his arm and walking towards Venus.

I wanted to thank her again for helping me practice. I wouldn't have passed the subject much less received a high score without her help. I wonder if Venus excels at sports? If not, I might repay her by teaching her some techniques. With that on my mind, I walked towards Venus with an ecstatic smile on my face as I hummed my favorite song.

"Hey, Venus!" I said, waving at Venus with a smile on her face.

"Hello, sweetie," Venusa said, making her fellow classmates go wide-eyed.

I almost choked at my own saliva. Why is my girlfriend calling me sweetie? It's the same as what my grandmother calls me when I was young. It sent shivers down her spine.

"Venus, why are you calling me sweetie?" I asked in a confused yet polite tone as not to anger my dear girlfriend. I won't be able to receive cuddles if that were to happen.

"I'm thinking of what to call you. We're dating after all," Venusa beamed with a smile.

I felt my cheeks bright red. Everyone had their mouths opened. Who could've thought that Venus could act in a cute way?

"How about dear? My grandmother used to call me sweetie, it doesn't sound right for me," I explained.

"Then how about honey?" Venus's smile became even wider than before.

"Ho-honey," I whispered while stuttering.

"Yes?" Venus said with a satisfied smile.

Before the words were able to leave my mouth, someone whistled.

We all turn our heads to see a blond man with deep brown eyes smiling widely at us.

"I'm Hermes Keitghdher, you stand-in physical education teacher. Your previous teacher has something to take care of and won't be back for a few months." Hermes, our new teacher said.

Venus, Mars, and I looked at each other. No doubt that's Hermes. We could feel the vibe that our gut is telling. My eyes met with Mr. Keitghder. He gave me a smile. So he must have sensed us too.

"Call me Sir Hermes since my last name is hard to pronounce. Let's get along," Hermes said before splitting us into groups.

We were split into groups of six, unfortunately, the three of us weren't in the same group. Such a bummer indeed. Sir Hermes taught us the basics before letting us play with one another. Since there's only one net. Only two groups were able to play each game.

"We're up," a groupmate of mine said.

We've already discussed the positions. For this game, I'm the right side hitter. When the whistle blew, our setter served. The opponent's libero was good. Maybe because the serve of our setter wasn't quite strong. After a few touches on our side, the setter set it towards me. I jumped up high and hit the ball so fast that the opponent's middle blocker stood still, unmoved.

My team won this round so did Mar's. It was finally Venus's turn. Just a few minutes in the game, my eyes widened with horror. I rushed towards Venus who was lying motionless on the floor with her lips bleeding. Blood rushed through my head. I wanted to badly scold the opposing team, but after seeing the hitter's terrified and worried face, I decided to let it slide. It was an accident after all. I picked up Venus in a princess carry style and excused ourselves. I ran towards the infirmary. I hope the nurse is inside, if not I might be worried to death.

I hurriedly opened the door. As if I wasn't already petrified at what happened to Venus, I was shocked to see Sam performing a kabedon on Paris on the bed. Although I was breathing heavily, I tiptoed towards the other vacant bed. It seemed to have failed when Sam looked at me, her face blushing furiously which caused her hand to slip and finally fall on top of Paris and kiss Paris's lips accidentally.

I must admit that Sam's quite a brave woman to do that. I wonder what will happen. I anticipated a slap from Paris, but instead, Sam got up and ran away from the infirmary speedlightning.

As I laid Venus on the bed, I could see the flustered face of Paris,m and what's amusing is that she even touched her lips where Sam had kissed before leaving.

I wonder if Paris pretended that no one was here. I don't mind keeping a secret or two but I'll have to get some information from Sam about her relationship with Paris.

I heard a noise emitting from the door and saw that the nurse, Ms. Karen Tencky walked in.

"Miss, Venus had been hit by a volleyball on the face during our physical ed," I explained, worriedly.

Miss Karen smiled.

"She's going to be alright. Just let her rest for a bit, I'll ready some ice packs for when she wakes up," Miss Karen said before leaving the infirmary for business again.

After a few minutes, I fell asleep. I woke up after a couple of hours and saw Venus wide awake. I stood up to grab the ice pack and handed it to her.

"Miss Karen said that it'll help lessen the swelling of your lip," I said.

Venus thanked me and placed the ice pack on her lips.

I clenched the bedsheets.

"You had me worried. Why did you choose to be the libero?" I said, my voice filled with worry.

"Libero?" Venus asked, tilting her head.

I sighed. There's no use in scolding her if she doesn't even know.

"I'll teach you during the weekends if you are free so that you won't get hit by a ball again," I said.

Venus smiled at me, making my heart beat quickly again.

I suppose that there's only two reincarnated children left for us to discover. Hermes had shown himself. It makes me wonder if he'll chase Venus or fall in love with someone else like the others.

Author here!

Don't forget to drink your water :))